HR at Asha Impact Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:214 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
Asha Impact - Manager - Finance - Punjab Innovation Mission - CA (4-6 yrs)
About the Mission:
- The startup movement has been an important source of growth, innovation and employment in many countries and has also taken off in some states in India. At ~12500, and growing at
~10% CAGR, India has the 3rd largest number of tech start-ups in the world. There has also been a rapid growth in new startup hubs with 1 out of 3 tech startups being based outside of established startup locations.
- To help Punjab capitalize on this opportunity, the - Punjab Innovation Mission- was conceptualized in 2020 as one of the key recommendations of the Group of Experts (GoE) under the chairmanship of Former Deputy Chairperson, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia. The Mission is being led by Pramod Bhasin (Founder and former President, Genpact, Founder Asha Impact, Chairman Clix Capital and ICRIER) with the support of senior business leaders, successful entrepreneurs and marquee investors. It is a private sector-led initiative with strong government backing to provide curated support to startups and spur entrepreneurial activity in Punjab.
The Mission will provide entrepreneurs with access to a global pool of mentors and investors, market access, and acceleration support through three key levers.
- The first, a Pollinator, to host start-up focused events across cities in Punjab to stimulate an entrepreneurial mindset and bring key stakeholders - industry, academia, investors and government to support start-ups. It will also deeply engage with the diaspora and enable them to contribute their time and capital to support innovation in the State.
- The second lever will be an - Accelerator- to help scale start-ups globally through curated mentorship, market access and investor connects.
- The third will be an INR150Cr Innovation Fund to support early-growth stage entrepreneurs in the State. The fund will be steered by marquee investors with global repute.
- The Mission and Fund will be supported through a high profile Board comprising eminent Indian and global Business Leaders, successful entrepreneurs, seasoned investors, and prominent professionals in sports and media.
- The vision is to build Punjab into one of the top innovation ecosystems in the country by providing the right building blocks to support dynamic entrepreneurs. The Mission will create high-value jobs, drive creative solutions to solve socio-economic problems, put Punjab on the radar of investors and bring new products/concepts to the market and drive sustained economic growth.
The roles and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to: Finance, Accounts and Compliances:
- Maintenance of mandatory accounting records, budgets and registers.
- Preparation of management reports including monthly MIS, expense analysis etc. Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and ledger structure.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and ledger structure.
- Filling of monthly and periodic returns and adhering with tax-related compliances including GST, TDS etc.
- Work with the Auditor to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Filing of ROC compliances and other compliances as needed in a timely manner.
- Work with the Mission CEO to coordinate with different stakeholders on MOUs and other partnership documents.
Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience.
Education: Chartered Accountant
- Responsible candidate with the intent to learn and be part of a team working with passion in helping entrepreneurs building large businesses.
- Working knowledge of Companies Act, 2013 and Direct & Indirect Tax laws and basic knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks with limited supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint/Word/Excel).
- Keen eye for detail and rigour in maintaining accounting and regulatory compliance discipline.