HR at Asha Impact Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:911 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
Asha Impact - Manager - Finance - CA (2-3 yrs)
About Asha Impact :
- Asha Impact is an impact investment and policy advocacy platform set up by Vikram Gandhi and Pramod Bhasin and is supported by some of India's most respected business leaders, philanthropists, as well as select institutional partners. Founded in 2014, Asha Impact is a unique player in the Indian impact investing landscape with its domestic funding base, capital-on-call model, and active engagement with government.
- Asha Impact has made over thirteen early and growth stage equity investments in for-profit businesses serving underserved markets across financial services, healthcare, agribusiness, education, affordable housing and waste management. The non-profit Asha Trust provides thought leadership and works with the government on advocacy and capital enablement for social enterprise. Asha Impact won the Venture Intelligence Award for Best Impact Investor in 2019. It is also a Board Member and Chair of the Research Committee of the Impact Investors Council.
For more information, visit www.ashaimpact.com.
About the Role - Finance Manager
Asha Impact is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager for its Mumbai office who will work with the team and provide a full range of executive support functions to the company. This role requires a motivated and mature individual who can successfully work in a small and highly dynamic team and has excellent communication skills to interact with a diverse set of stakeholders including senior management portfolio companies, investors, auditors, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities :
The roles and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to :
Finance & Accounts :
- Maintenance of mandatory accounting records, budgets and registers.
- Preparation of management reports including monthly MIS, expense analysis etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and ledger structure.
- Filling of monthly and periodic returns and adhering with tax-related compliance including GST, TDS etc.
- Work with the Auditor to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
Investments and Portfolio Management :
- Lead activities relating to the set-up, compliance and administration of investment vehicles (LLP/AOP) and working with investment team on exit related activities.
- Working with the Investment Team and portfolio companies to analyse and prepare monthly MIS reports & monitoring overall portfolio management.
- Coordinating with different stakeholders such as founders, lawyers, bankers, due diligence teams, etc.
- Assisting on legal documents such as Term Sheets, SSA, SHA, etc. executed at the time of deal finalisation.
What we are looking for :
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Education : Chartered Accountant
- Responsible candidate with intent to learn and be part of a team working with passion in helping entrepreneurs building large businesses.
- Working knowledge of Companies Act, 2013 and Direct & Indirect Tax laws and basic knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks with limited supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint/Word/Excel).
- Keen eye for detail and rigour in maintaining accounting and regulatory compliance discipline.
What we offer :
- A place with a great opportunity to learn about multiple industries and latest innovations for Indian mass markets.
- Fast track career growth on early demonstration of leadership qualities.
- Field exposure and opportunity to build an investor skill set in the long term.
- Open and transparent culture with knowledge-sharing across investments & policy advocacy teams.
Compensation : Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive within the industry.