HR at Asha Impact Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:409 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Asha Impact - Lead - Entrepreneurship Development Initiatives - Punjab Innovation Mission (8-10 yrs)
About the Mission
- The startup movement has been an important source of growth, innovation and employment in many countries and has also taken off in some states in India. At ~12500, and growing at ~10% CAGR, India has 3rd largest number of tech start-ups in the world. There has also been a rapid growth in new startup hubs with 1 out of 3 tech startups being based outside of established startup locations. To help Punjab capitalize on this opportunity, the - Punjab Innovation Mission- was conceptualized in 2020 as one of the key recommendations of the Group of Experts (GoE) under the chairmanship of Former Deputy Chairperson, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia. The Mission is being led by Pramod Bhasin (Founder and former President, Genpact, Founder Asha Impact, Chairman Clix Capital and ICRIER) with the support of senior Mission leaders, successful entrepreneurs and marquee investors. It is a private sector-led initiative with strong government backing to provide curated support to startups and spur entrepreneurial activity in Punjab.
- The Mission will provide entrepreneurs with access to a global pool of mentors and investors, market access, and acceleration support through three key levers.
- The first, a Pollinator, to host start-up focused events across cities in Punjab to stimulate an entrepreneurial mindset and bring key stakeholders - industry, academia, investors and government to support start-ups. It will also deeply engage with the diaspora and enable them to contribute their time and capital to support innovation in the State.
- The second lever will be an - Accelerator- to help scale start-ups globally through curated mentorship, market access and investor connects.
- The third will be an INR150Cr Innovation Fund to support early-growth stage entrepreneurs in the State. The fund will be steered by marquee investors with global repute.
- The Mission and Fund will be supported through a high profile Board comprising of eminent Indian and global Mission Leaders, successful entrepreneurs, seasoned investors, and prominent professionals in sports and media.
- The vision is to build Punjab into one of the top innovation ecosystems in the country by providing the right building blocks to support dynamic entrepreneurs. The Mission will create high-value jobs, drive creative solutions to solve socio-economic problems, put Punjab on the radar of investors and bring new products/concepts to the market and drive sustained economic growth.
About the role:
The Lead - Entrepreneurship Development Initiatives will take ownership and be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering various programs and initiatives to catalyze a vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem in the State. S/he will work closely with the Mission Director and Accelerator Manager for implementing the strategy for long-term development of venture growth and engage with the entrepreneurs to develop their businesses.
- Engage with academia, government, and industry stakeholders to identify and design potential long term and short term entrepreneurship programs.
- Support the Accelerator Manager to design, market and run customized programs for ventures at different stages. Provide support for investor outreach to help secure funding for ventures.
- Prepare and review detailed program design and implementation plan complete with list of potential implementation partners.
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships for program outreach, mentorship and implementation.
- Lead and organise workshops, bootcamps, conferences, roundtables, training, and other related activities with venture founders, students, researchers, government, and industry relevant for implementation of programs.
- Support/draft reports on completion of program activities.
- Develop/identify, and deliver course content and training programs for ventures at various stages, ranging from idea validation and MVP to product-market fitment and scale for existing entrepreneurs.
- Run diagnostic workshops and work closely with venture founders to identify challenge areas, develop their scalability plan complete with potential strategic partners to implement pilots.
- Create and record metrics to measure venture progress.
Qualities and Qualifications :
- 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 5-6 years experience in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Hands-on experience in design and delivery of entrepreneurship training programs and tools including business model canvas, design thinking, systemic design etc.
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas is an asset: business skills training, startup incubation and acceleration hubs, venture development consulting/services.
- Program/Project management experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- S/he should have high degree of energy, independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Ability to work well within a small team and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Written and oral fluency in English. Proficiency or fluency in Hindi or Punjabi desirable
- Open to travel extensively in Punjab and some domestic and international travel
- The candidate should possess a minimum qualification of a bachelor's degree. A masters degree in engineering/ business administration/other relvant fields is desirable