HR at Asha Impact Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:5688 Applications:1087 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:988
Asha Impact - Investment Associate (2-6 yrs)
About Asha Impact
- Asha Impact is an impact investment and policy advocacy platform set up by Vikram Gandhi and Pramod Bhasin and is supported by some of India's most respected business leaders, philanthropists, as well as select institutional partners. Founded in 2014, Asha Impact is a unique player in the Indian impact investing landscape with its domestic funding base, capital-on-call model, and active engagement with government. Asha Impact has made over thirteen early and growth stage equity investments in for-profit businesses serving underserved markets across financial services, healthcare, agribusiness, education, affordable housing and waste management. The non-profit Asha Trust provides thought leadership and works with the government on advocacy and capital enablement for social enterprise. Asha Impact won the Venture Intelligence Award for Best Impact Investor in 2019. It is also a Board Member and Chair of the Research Committee of the Impact Investors Council.
For more information please visit www.ashaimpact.com
About the Role - Investment Associate
Actively manage and support end-to-end investment sourcing, evaluation, investment recommendation and portfolio management in close collaboration with the leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform market research, competitive analysis and track latest developments in sectors covered
- Develop investment thesis based on bottom up market analysis and identify specific opportunities within the investment mandate.
- Conduct financial modeling to do enterprise valuation, scenario and returns analysis.
- Prepare and present both screening materials and final investment memos based on business diligence and primary research.
- Support the investment process through business due diligence, term sheet negotiations, presenting to the Investment Committee, coordinating legal documentation, and transaction closures.
- Support investees in key business and product functions to help maximize their scale and impact and engage with existing portfolio on defining and executing exit strategies.
- Assist Asha Impact's leadership team on quarterly board engagement and strategic discussions.
- Develop and manage relationships with other stakeholders and provide support to the advocacy activities of Asha Trust in the focus areas and overall brand building efforts of the organization.
What we are looking for:
- Prior finance/banking/investing experience, ideally in early-stage venture capital in India
- Good academic background and excellent research, quantitative and presentation skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Enthusiasm for meeting entrepreneurs and evaluating start-ups within the target investment theme
- Ability to travel extensively throughout India including to rural areas
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently, without sacrificing work quality, and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- High quality communication skills (spoken and written), emotional maturity to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and ability to breakdown and present complex ideas
- Strong interest and alignment with Asha Impact's mission to accelerate development through impact investments leveraging the power of technology and business model innovation
What we offer:
- A place with a great opportunity to learn about multiple industries and latest innovations for Indian mass markets.
- Fast track career growth on early demonstration of leadership qualities.
- Field exposure and opportunity to build an investor skill set in the long term.
- Open and transparent culture with knowledge-sharing across investments & policy advocacy teams.
Management: This position will report to Principal - Investments, Asha Impact. The candidate will be located at the Asha Impact office in Mumbai, India.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive within the impact investment industry.