HR at Asha Impact Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:464 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Asha Impact - Head - Marketing & Communication - Punjab Innovation Mission (10-12 yrs)
About the Mission
- The startup movement has been an important source of growth, innovation and employment in many countries and has also taken off in some states in India. At ~12500, and growing at ~10% CAGR, India has 3rd largest number of tech start-ups in the world. There has also been a rapid growth in new startup hubs with 1 out of 3 tech startups being based outside of established startup locations. To help Punjab capitalize on this opportunity, the - Punjab Innovation Mission- was conceptualized in 2020 as one of the key recommendations of the Group of Experts (GoE) under the chairmanship of Former Deputy Chairperson, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia. The Mission is being led by Pramod Bhasin (Founder and former President, Genpact, Founder Asha Impact, Chairman Clix Capital and ICRIER) with the support of senior Mission leaders, successful entrepreneurs and marquee investors. It is a private sector-led initiative with strong government backing to provide curated support to startups and spur entrepreneurial activity in Punjab.
- The Mission will provide entrepreneurs with access to a global pool of mentors and investors, market access, and acceleration support through three key levers.
- The first, a Pollinator, to host start-up focused events across cities in Punjab to stimulate an entrepreneurial mindset and bring key stakeholders - industry, academia, investors and government to support start-ups. It will also deeply engage with the diaspora and enable them to contribute their time and capital to support innovation in the State.
- The second lever will be an - Accelerator- to help scale start-ups globally through curated mentorship, market access and investor connects.
- The third will be an INR150Cr Innovation Fund to support early-growth stage entrepreneurs in the State. The fund will be steered by marquee investors with global repute.
- The Mission and Fund will be supported through a high profile Board comprising of eminent Indian and global Mission Leaders, successful entrepreneurs, seasoned investors, and prominent professionals in sports and media.
- The vision is to build Punjab into one of the top innovation ecosystems in the country by providing the right building blocks to support dynamic entrepreneurs. The Mission will create high-value jobs, drive creative solutions to solve socio-economic problems, put Punjab on the radar of investors and bring new products/concepts to the market and drive sustained economic growth.
About the role :
- The Head of Marketing and Communications will lead all aspects related to PR, marketing and communications for the Mission and is primarily responsible to actualize the Mission's full potential through effective marketing strategies. The candidate will be responsible to showcase the Mission's activities, create a community of followers and excitement about entrepreneurship in the State ecosystem.
- Communication Strategy: Conceptualize, plan and execute marketing and communications strategy for the Mission.
- Website and marketing documents: S/he will be responsible to maintain the website content, social media content, flyers, brochures and public-facing documents, videos etc. and other marketing documents for the Mission.
- Public Relations: Establish and maintain the media database for the Mission. Work along with the PR Agencies and be responsible for public relations, SEO, SEM and Web analytics.
- New Initiatives: Develop, coordinate and execute marketing and communications plans that support Mission initiatives and strategies. Includes researching, writing, editing and managing the creation, approval and distribution of communication materials to colleges universities, ecosystem partners, media houses across the state.
- Vendor management: Effectively manage outside resources and vendors for creative services, printing, production, merchandise etc. for cost, quality and timelines.
- Social Media & Events: Oversee and manage communication related to events, startups and developments. Ensure engagement on social media through periodic posts about the activities of the Mission and the ecosystem at large.
- Building partnerships: The Head will be responsible to build and maintain strong partnerships with other stakeholders at the local, state and national level to further the cause of the Mission.
- Reporting to the Mission Director: The - Head of Marketing and Communication will report to the Mission Director. S/he will also closely coordinate with the Department of Industries and Commerce, Punjab, Invest Punjab and Start-up Punjab.
Qualities and Qualifications :
- The candidate should have at least 10-12 years of total work experience and spent 8-10 years in a leadership role leading marketing and communication efforts, people and teams with operational excellence.
- A proven track record as a senior Marketing and Communication specialist
- Open to travel extensively in Punjab and some domestic and international travel
- Exceptional communications skills: strong active listening skills, verbal and written skills, and strong public presentation skills. Written and oral fluency in English. Proficiency or fluency in Hindi or Punjabi desirable
- S/he should have high degree of energy, independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- The candidate must have excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills.
- The candidate should possess a minimum qualification of a bachelor's degree. The desired candidate should have a degree/post-graduate qualification in Public Relations/ Mass Communications/ Arts/ Journalism/ Languages or Marketing (preferred)