Arzooo - Manager - Litigation & Compliance - LLB (5-8 yrs)
Arzooo (https://www.arzooo.com/) is a retail technology venture that aims to revolutionize retail by transforming millions of medium & small stores with technology that puts each one of them on the same pedestal as Amazon, Flipkart and other organized retail chains. Founded by ex-Flipkart colleagues and IIT alum in 2018, Arzooo is India's fastest growing B2B commerce venture that enables physical stores by removing the barriers of inventory, scale and capital through its technology platform.
Arzooo platform empowers retailers with the following to drive up sales conversions in store.
- Digital inventory: 10X larger product selection.
- Efficient sourcing: allowing access to better prices for 10,000+ products from 150+ brands.
- Wide array of enabling services: financial solutions. Arzooo Credit, built to facilitate credit lending to offline retail equipping businesses with working capital headroom.
Few links for you to go through :
Job Responsibilities :
- Responsible for litigation management and assisting in developing a strategy for favorable outcomes in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external counsels.
- Retaining and liaising with external counsel, vetting of pleadings, and representing the company before the courts/quasi-judicial forums.
- Co-ordination with local counsels on ongoing litigation matters.
- Filing police complaints and FIR for and on behalf of the company.
- Review and analyze incoming legal notices to understand the allegations, claims, and legal issues involved.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive legal compliance checklist focused on licenses, permits, and government regulations.
- Identify and obtain all necessary licenses, permits, and certifications required, such as Legal Metrology, Trade, S&E, Factories, registrations, local health permits, and others.
- Liaise with government authorities, regulatory agencies, and local bodies to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and to facilitate smooth operations.
- Prepare MIS and submit accurate and timely applications, reports, and documentation for licenses, permits, and regulatory compliance.
- Respond to compliance-related inquiries, notices, inspections, and audits from government authorities, and address any non-compliance issues promptly and effectively.
- Monitor and evaluate changes in regulatory requirements, provide guidance to stakeholders, and implement necessary updates to maintain compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and licensing requirements at the local, state, and national levels.
- Should be willing to travel outstation for case hearings and other matters.
Educational qualification and requirements :
- LLB Degree from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience in a similar role in an in-house setting
- Good knowledge of e-commerce operations, regulatory framework and dispute resolution mechanism
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and proactive attitude
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and handle complex matters simultaneously
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.