Artivatic - Manager - Engineering (10-20 yrs)
ABOUT ARTIVATIC :
Artivatic is a global risk & decision-making platform that automates human decisions in insurance & healthcare to provide efficiency, transparency, risk assessment, personalization, and digitization in the entire lifecycle of operations. We at Artivatic are building next-gen insurance products and solutions to simplify risk assessment, process automation & digital use to enable access to insurance with our technology-driven innovations.
Artivatic empowers insurance & healthcare businesses and developers to re-imagine insurance & health products for the next billion users. We at Artivatic are constantly building low-cost, modular API infrastructure so that insurance businesses /hospitals can go live in a matter of days, not months. We are transforming legacy, traditional, complex, and 'one size fits all' into personalized, digital, instant, risk-based, new age insurtech that touches human lives, understand their need, use data to provide them better, need-based products instantly using technology. We aim to provide personalized insurance products based on customer goals/needs under 60 seconds using data, technology, and process.
Artivatic is now part of a larger family with RenewBuy.com - A disruptive InsurTech player providing choice and convenience to customers buying Health, Life, and Motor Insurance products, delivered through a trusted network of POSP (Point of Sales Person) advisors.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Why this Job is Amazing :
- An Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled.
- They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project.
- One of the most important skills that an engineering manager will have been their ability to effectively delegate the work.
- Their responsibilities usually include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project.
- Influences top management internally & externally (industry) to accept new ideas.
- Creates and conceptualizes solutions to Artivatic in specific discipline.
Objective of the position :
- The objective of role revolves around creating processes and designs, as well as maintenance and operations duties in a variety of different disciplines.
- As an engineering manager, you must believe in the product and want to make it better to investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates.
- You will be able to work with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, sales team) to drive product directions design, and development.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
- Engage with product management and CXO team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
- Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front-line managers and engineers.
Mandatory traits/ skills :
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade technologies
- Experience in building and running distributed systems for 24x7 online services at scale
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Hands on experience in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis, specially about Python/Django/REST, etc.
- Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience.
- Engaging and influencing peers and executives
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of work experience in software development and 3+ years as a leadership role
Competitive with opportunity to create wealth through performance and delivery
Other Benefits :
- Group Medical/Hospital Insurance- INR 5 Lacs (covers self + Spouse + 2 kids+ Parents)
- Facility for 24hrs Online doctor consulting to all the employees
- Empowering the Education- we strongly believe and live up to the ideology that "education is empowerment". We have undertaken efforts by sponsoring the education of the employees per year up to a max limit of INR 1 Lac
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, there is always a new horizon to explore. We are proud to offer excellent benefits, challenging work, and competitive financial rewards. Our employee engagement programs prioritize employees' well-being. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan and perks, open environment which promotes Work life balance. Teamwork extends to our social lives too from local social events to company-wide activities and corporate outing, we want our employees to take time to relax while working and have fun element in work.
Choosing Artivatic means working in a company with solid growth prospects and building career around the strength of technology. By joining us you can become a part of growing team that values your opinion, ideas, and intellectual courage. Contribute to our growth by using your skills, grow your career in insurance domain and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers and reward with unlimited opportunity. If one has the passion and the dream to do something different, join us.
Let's Grow Together, be a Part of our Success Journey & Live your Professional Dream.