Talent Acquisition at ARGA Investment Management
Views:2408 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
ARGA - Research Associate - Environmental/Social & Governance (0-5 yrs)
The Firm - ARGA Investment Management, LP, is an Investment Management firm with offices in Stamford, USA, London, UK and Chennai. The firm invests in the equity stock of companies across the world on behalf of global clients. The entire firm and employees are aligned around our single goal of delivering superior value for our clients.
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are a key component of company research undertaken at ARGA. The ESG team supports ARGAs research team with ESG company research, portfolio analysis and modelling. As a member of the team you will be working closely with research analysts and portfolio managers as well as with ARGAs client servicing team. You will be given the opportunity to hone your company analysis skills as well as preparing materials for investors. It is critical that you are passionate about developing a deep understanding of the investment management business and our approach to it. You are intelligent, motivated and are comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
As a boutique firm with a meritocratic culture you will be given opportunities to excel and broaden your skill base as well as take on greater responsibilities.
For more information on ARGA Investment Management, visit www.argainvest.com
For more information on ESG investing please see https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/research/esg-investing
- Demonstrated academic excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Accounting or Financial background preferred.
- 1-3 years working in financial research role is seen as a bonus
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, including knowledge of complex function usage and data manipulation
- Familiarity with financial software applications such as Bloomberg is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and video conference with overseas office
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in project management skills and attention to detail
The ESG research associate will work closely with members of the research and client servicing teams in Chennai and Stamford, US. Main duties will include:
- Run company ESG scores for analysts and portfolio managers
- Undertake fundamental ESG company research using information contained in company financial reports as well as other industry-specific websites.
- Enhance ARGAs ESG scoring framework to reflect the needs of the research team
- Run ESG portfolio analytics and work on developing tools to enhance these
- Coordinate ESG investor reports on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare ESG investor materials explaining ARGAs detailed research process and company analysis