Talent Acquisition at ARGA Investment Management
Views:2779 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:96
ARGA - Operations Manager - CA/IIM/MDI/ISB (8-10 yrs)
ARGA Investment Management, LP - Chennai, India
The Operations team at ARGA comprises collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about operational excellence. The team comprises specialists across trading, settlements, reconciliations, client service, fund accounting, finance and compliance. Working extensively with other ARGA teams and service providers, the team implements and improves best-in-class processes that support all firm-wide activities.
We are seeking an experienced professional with keen business insight and good technical skills to take our operations platform to the next level of excellence. The role requires both - big-picture- thinking and in-the-weeds analysis/execution skills.
1. Management of Fund Accounting Operations
a. Daily/monthly cash and asset reconciliations and reporting
b. Cash flow processing and monitoring
c. Client / Investor Capital flows accounting
d. Corporate actions and proxy voting
e. Fund and Composites Performance reporting
f. Management Fee billing
g. Fund Expenses accruals, Caps and Payments controls
h. Custom Client reporting
i. Adhoc reports and data compilations
2. Audit and Compliance
a. Assistance in audits - Financial Audits, GIPS audit, Custody Examination
b. Client onboarding set up and review of restrictions
c. Regulatory reporting support
3. Marketing support
a. Consultant databases updates
b. RFP data compilations
4. Grooming the team
a. Manage a team of investment professional
b. Train new staff
a. Periodic reviews of operation procedure manuals
b. Periodic review of Business Continuity Plans
1. B.Com / M.Com and M.B.A from top schools/C.A.
2. 8-10 years of experience in operations management in financial service industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience in the asset management industry /investment management is essential
3. Ability to make effective reviews of reports to aid quality deliveries.
4. Fund accounting expertise is preferred.
5. Excellent written and oral communications and collaboration with US office counter parts Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Working hours may require about 4 hours overlapping with US EST time.
8. Advanced skills in MS Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and comfortable presenting to senior individuals
9. Knowledge of portfolio management back office systems
Compensation will be highly competitive for the right professional with ability and desire to take on significant global responsibility.
ARGA Investment Management, LP is an independent investment management firm focused on global equities. Founded by A. Rama Krishna, CFA, who serves as chief investment officer, ARGA's goal is to maximize client's wealth over time. ARGA invests in undervalued businesses using a disciplined investment approach based on fundamental research and present value. The research team, located in the US and India, is comprised of individuals with deep investment and analytical backgrounds, multiple language skills, and brings both developed and emerging market perspectives. The company has offices in Stamford, CT, USA and Chennai, India. For more information, visit www.argainvest.com.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.