Talent Acquisition at ARGA Investment Management
Views:405 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:108
ARGA - Assistant Manager - Finance - CA (2-3 yrs)
Finance Professional for Global AMC - Job Description
ARGA Investment Management - Chennai, India
- Unique opportunity for strong finance professional who desires a global role in growing investment management firm.
- Impact both corporate accounting as well as portfolio accounting and reporting. Requires individual who can bring broad perspective to firm-wide initiatives in finance while being detail-oriented. Enhance learning under guidance of Senior
- Manager, Finance and Operations based in the USA.
Corporate Accounting Responsibilities :
a. Prepare management accounts for individual ARGA entities and at a global consolidated level
b. Create budgets, forecasts and provide commentary of financial performance
c. Oversee the bookkeeping and purchase ledgers of ARGA operating entities in USA and India, assisted by dedicated support staff in both locations
d. Assist in the preparation of basic tax documentation under the guidance of the external advisers and consultants
e. Ensure a good internal control environment over the corporate accounting processes
f. Assist in filing of returns with Income Tax authorities, as well as other statutory filings
g. Manage the preparation of financial statements and filings of corporate entities in USA, India and Mauritius, as well as fund management accounts of the funds registered with SEBI, India
h. Assist in transfer pricing, licensing and other initiatives
Portfolio Accounting & Reporting Responsibilities :
a. Review and/or prepare investment fund expenses, accruals, and other fund account balances of Limited Partnerships and UCITs
b. Review of annual US tax filings for funds (no prior experience necessary)
c. Understand and review tax reclaims for various funds and coordinate with fund admin to avail refunds.
d. Coordinate investment Fund audit activities with external US fund administrator and US auditors
f. Assistance in other functions on need basis
1. Chartered Accountant with 2 to 3 years- experience in Corporate Accounting, Audit and MIS reporting, preferably at a Big 4 accounting firm or multinational
2. Demonstrated academic excellence, high ranking in CA
3. Attention to detail
4. Exposure to Tally, QuickBooks and MS Office
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to liaison with overseas counterparts
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
ARGA Investment Management, LP is an independent investment management firm focused on global equities. ARGA invests over US$5.0 billion in undervalued businesses using a disciplined investment approach based on fundamental research and present value. The research team, located in the US and India, is comprised of individuals with deep investment and analytical backgrounds, multiple language skills, and brings both developed and emerging market perspectives. The company has offices in Stamford, CT, USA and Chennai, India. For more information, visit www.argainvest.com.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.