Recruitment at ABC Consultants
Views:2341 Applications:221 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Area Sales Manager - Tablets/Phablets/Mobiles (7-13 yrs)
Role: Area Sales Manager
You would be an active link to establish and maintain mutual Partnership between CLIENT’S and the reseller/channel. You would help drive business plans for managing relationship with CLIENT’S partners to promote the development of CLIENT’S sales objectives. You will drive the business & sales development initiatives with support of partners in selling CLIENT’S solutions and manage opportunity pipeline. You will work in conjunction with the leadership team to analyze the local priorities that will drive the growth of the business and map your partners to these priorities.
- Sales through different channel pipes for CLIENT’S Tablets and Phablets Business.
- End-to-end responsibility for growing the Tablets and Phablets business through the distribution and direct to retail channel motions
- New Channel development and strong channel management in the given geographies
- Working closely with the existing CLIENT’S Sales Teams in the given region and be a strong thought and execution influencer in the region for the tablets biz
- Managing channel partners of the region allocating targets and helping them achieve sales.
- Monitoring performance and increasing sales.
- Helping Channel in developing new accounts.
- MIS Compiling weekly reports and sales status.
- Updating channel with product info and new product launches.
- Inventory management and control: Timely Movement of stocks to keeps inventory carrying cost to the minimum, control ageing of Stocks.
- Vendor Management: Relationship management with vendors, continuous engagement to strategize business, structuring deals and aligning run rate business.
- Giving regular Inputs to vendor on Products, Price, Promotions, Competition Strategies & take regular feedbacks and inputs form vendor on regular basis to improvise on Business.
- Working Capital Management: Vendor receivables, timely submission of claims to vendor and follow up for disbursement.
- Ensure near optimal ordering of stock based on past run rate/ branch and vendor forecast.
- Optimum use of credit limits and rotation of stocks.
- Cross-functional Coordination with finance, purchase, credit control and operations to enable smooth and hassle free transactions.
- Collating information on competitors’ activities in the territory and analyzing the same for the business.
- Explore and train new dealers for the product by organizing training programs, channel partner meets, sales promotion activities, etc.
- MBA with 7- 10 years of work experience in Sales & Marketing
- Should have managed sales of telecom devices for atleast 3 to 4 years in the recent career graph – mobile phones/tablets (mandatory requirement)
- Experience working with senior management and managing cross-functional & virtual teams
- Skills include negotiation, communication, ability to influence others, risk taker, problem solver, and project management skills
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel, including competitive positioning
- Understanding of CLIENT’S's organization & operations, including key business rules, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure.
- Self starter - Should be able to independently handle business in his given geography; in close coordination with all other stakeholders
- Channel friendly person – strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and data oriented person
- Understanding of a select set of CLIENT’S's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of CLIENT’S's offerings, and overcome objections
- Effectively sells CLIENT’S offerings by building strategic relationships with partner contacts; and promoting CLIENT’S programs and offerings
- Develops account plans with partner to grow CLIENT’S's share of the business
- Partners effectively with others to ensure coordinated, efficient account management
- Understanding of pipeline management basics and ability to explain benefits to partners
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.