Managing Director at Dream jobs Staffing Solution Pvt Ltd
Views:2096 Applications:412 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Area Manager - Cosmetic Industry (6-10 yrs)
We are looking for an Area Manager who will manage strategy, sales and operational efficiency for all the company-owned and franchise-owned stores assigned to him/her for the assigned geography. The skills that the Area Manager will require to exhibit are - sales planning, sales management, channel management, franchisee management, retail operations, operational efficiency, and delivering ROI for the company and partners.
- Meet and exceed business targets - across the area. Key parameters being - Footfalls, Conversions, Orders, Buyers, Sales, Spread, cost management etc.
- Ensure that business and operational targets are being met at a granular level - across specific revenue streams, like - inbound, outbound, partners, builders, modular, B2B etc., and productivity at store/store-manager/home-consultant/design-consultant level.
- Ensuring that that team is working to pre-set operational rhythm for all key activities - opening, closing, attendance, customer interactions, customer communication etc.
- Monitor, train and coach all team members across skills such as - sales, customer handling, Pepperfry brand and product knowledge, maintaining data, creating reports etc.
- Ensure that there is seamless transfer of knowledge and training, operational readiness and implementation focus for all key activities to team members by coordinating with central teams within activation and across other functions - category, finance, modular, marketing, spatial design, identity etc. and merchant partners (modular, other brands, alliances etc.)
- Make area and store-level plans for events and initiatives and BTL activation elements - to market the store locally, improve visibility and footfalls, and create community-related excitement.
- Oversee the management of central level programs related to channel partners, design partners, bulk partners etc. Ensure the programs are run to pre-defined processes and success metrics, with checks and balances in place.
- Ensure that Store is well maintained. Conduct regular audits of the Store upkeep and maintenance status and direct Store Managers to act as-needed basis the audit.
- Ensure that inventory and other elements (furniture and non-furniture inventory, fixed assets, visual merchandise related items or assets) and well maintained, tracked and kept safe - by auditing them regularly and directing Store Managers to fix things as needed.
- Oversee that store-level administrative matters are being handled by the Store managers appropriately - monthly admin related budgets, cross-checking of bills and vouchers, recommending payments etc.
- Build and enable a high degree of customer-centricity in the store team which will translate to better sales closing, better and long-term relationships with customers, better experience and resolutions for customers
- Whenever needed move fast, along with HR and leadership to hire team members (managers or consultants)
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Strong sales management skills - tracking and forecasting sales numbers, judging and assessing sales skills of team members, driving operational discipline among team members at various levels.
- Sales leadership skills - managing teams, monitoring/correcting/developing professional behaviour/skills exhibited by team members in sales and customer handling.
- Strong business acumen - knowledge of accounting and basics of finance, along with competence in understanding sales/revenue/costs/profitability/misc. workings for the business/store.
- Being agile in orientation and in operational execution - strong bias for action and speed of execution for both routine and new processes and projects, adapt quickly to changing strategies and priorities.
- Strong negotiation skills - ability to craft propositions and negotiate (features and value) with - customers, partners, service providers, property owners etc.
- Understanding of retail best practices (sales and operations and people related) for similar segments/markets/customers/sectors
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.