Area Development Manager - B2B - Paints (2-6 yrs)
Paint Professional business caters to large institutional customers and specifies like architects and interior decorators and services the Painting needs of these customers through the contractors registered . We have an ambition to be market leaders in the Projects segment. The role of the Painting Contractor is a key factor driving the growth of the Professional business – since the contractor plays the role of an Influencer or Decision maker for the brand. The incumbent will have to support all the contractor linked initiatives launched by the company from time to time.
1. Enhance Customer Experience – The incumbent needs to enhance the relationships with their customers by exploring innovative ways to meet their needs. They need to work hard to focus on the success of their customers and become their trusted partners
2. Drive Commercial Success - The incumbent needs to be driven to add value. They need to develop new and improved ways for achieving business success. They need to measure their achievements in financial terms e.g. budgets, cost, EVA.
3. Dare to Change – The incumbent needs to create an open and diverse climate in their team to encourage creativity. The incumbent needs to invite team members to share ideas and to always be on the lookout for ways to improve and innovate.
1) Management of the various central rewards Program for external partners who purchase products
2) Management of Marketing activities which could include Contractor Meets, Quarterly Newsletters, Training workshops, Activities through Call center, market specific programs etc
3) Management of support services to contractors such as SMS services (points update, information sharing), Scheme Registrations, Sales support through new initiatives (Letter Heads, Visiting cards, Ready to use Quotations etc), Health checkup, Scholarship fund for children of contractors etc.
4) Management of Selling Tools used by the Professional team spread across the country
5) Drive product-wise monthly sales and collection plans for his area and motivate his team to deliver plans on Value growth within specified discount and credit norms
CONTEXT & CHALLENGES
Company is the world’s leading decorative coatings company with strong positions in all regions of the world. Our Decorative Paints business supplies a full range of interior and exterior decoration and protection products for both the professional and the do-it-yourself markets. The product range includes paints, lacquers and varnishes as well as products for surface preparation (pre-deco products). We also supply building adhesives and floor leveling compounds for tile, floor and parquet layers.
The business is investing aggressively in resources (people, technology and capital) to deliver its objective of being the fastest growing Paint Company in India.
To sustain the continued support in the region and managing risk in high growth environment by leveraging on systems is the key challenge for the incumbent
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. MBA from premier B school (3-4 years) or non-premier B- school with at least (5-6) years of experience in Sales and Marketing
2. Paints industry knowledge and understanding of painting process would be an added advantage.
- Analytical ability and skills to present data in a manner to ensure change in behavior
- Ability to work with different levels of Managers and Non managers and in Cross-functions
- Capability to build a trained team aware of all commercial policies
- Adaptability to ever changing market conditions and evolving cutting edge control mechanisms
- Work under pressure from various quarters and ability to number crunch quickl
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.