Aptiv - Company Secretary (3-7 yrs)
Company Name : Aptiv Components India Private Limited (formerly known as Delphi Automotive Systems Privatce Limited)Technical Center India, Bangalore.
Exp : 3 to 7 years.
Qualification : Company Secretary
Requirement Name : Company Secretary (Finance)
Job Type : Full time.
Work Location : Whitefield, Bangalore.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
- They are responsible for calling annual general meetings and meetings where the Board are present, ensuring the implementation of their decisions.
To be responsible for:
- Organizing and preparing agendas for meetings.
- Dealing with correspondence,collating information, writing reports, ensuring.
- The responsibilities of the board secretary include preparing meetings of shareholders and boards of directors, maintaining company records and shareholders information, dealing with information disclosure etc.
- Report to the chairman and often liaise with board members
- Organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House
- Follow up on actions from meetings
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance and property
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Pay dividends and manage share option schemes
- Take a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company - in a publicly listed company
- Monitor the administration of the company's pension scheme - may be a requirement in some smaller companies
- Oversee and renew insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises
- Enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
- Manage office space and property as well as deal with personnel administration
- Oversee public relations and aspects of financial management.
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc)
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings