Apollo Tyres - Manager - Logistics (6-12 yrs)
Apollo Tyres - Manager - Logistics (Primary logistics exp is mandatory)
Purpose of Job :
- To manage entire logistics at the national level with respect to service levels within a defined freight budget.
- To ensure delivery of finished goods from plants to RDCs and Area Business Units and of RM and Capital items from vendors to plants, in a timely manner within company guidelines.
- Also to ensure smooth administration and functioning of RDC warehouses to facilitate the smooth flow of goods through them, as per company guidelines. Drive innovation for cost reduction and productivity improvements.
Main Responsibilities :
Transportation Management :
- Carries out various transportation management activities like monitoring placement and lead time, transporter performance SLA, placement & transit monitoring for FG/RM
- Development of transporters & new routes, monitoring robust and efficient transportation service in order to optimize costs and improve service levels of transporters for Apollo.
Transport Budget Monitoring and Planning Support :
- Freight budget control in terms of identifying lanes, transporter capacities, rates etc. monitors and controls freight expenses on an ongoing basis and initiates corrective actions in order to manage and track the freight expenses and deliveries at the distribution centres.
LSP management :
- Drive LSP strategy roadmap for the future.
- Engage with LSPs on track and trace to ensure 100% transparency of SC.
- Drive Apollo Safety culture in the LSP community.
- Supports various warehousing activities like providing inputs on network design, identification of new w/h sites and their negotiations
- Performance monitoring of DCs
MIS : Publishing dashboard on - SLAs, KPIs and audit scores.
Commercial : LSP account handling and closing insurance claims in stipulated time.
Innovation/cost reduction :
- Relentless focus on YoY cost reduction
- Innovation to improve operational metrics like Truck TAT, space utilisation, storage density, productivity etc
- Innovation in transportation to improve loadability