Lead - Talent Acquisition at Aon Hewitt
Views:479 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Aon Hewitt - Senior Manager - Wealth PA Operations (6-12 yrs)
Wealth Scheme Accounting Team Manager
The Accounting Team is responsible for the preparation of financial statements as per statutory guidelines for UK pension schemes.
The Accounting Team Manager is accountable for the people management, and the overall service delivered by, a team of Wealth Scheme Accountants.
About the Role
Industry knowledge of Pension and worked in key areas of Pensioners Trust Accounting, balance sheet, bank/cash reconciliation, Investment reconciliation, end-to-end accounting, finalization of Annual reports, accounts, payables management and statutory compliance
- Overseeing the timely and accurate preparation of accounts and reports as per latest SORP, ensuring compliance with reporting deadlines
- Key liaison between Accounting Team and Wealth Administration Teams
- Should coordinating with other teams to resolve audit queries on time or receive inputs on time
- Should be the coordinator between onshore and offshore for enhancing the domain knowledge of team members
- Provide process improvement ideas to simplify the process
- Monitor audit queries on daily basis and liaising with onshore team for any knowledge gap.
- Provide status/roadblocks of process to stake holder on weekly basis.
- First point of escalation for service issues relating to audit or accounting services
- Implement and measure effectiveness of agreed changes to processes following audit review
- Owns and drives performance management activities in the accounts team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Holds regular 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback.
- Leads the team by providing direction and linking colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages Accounting Team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need.
- Manages the recruitment process for the team ensuring colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team.
- Organizes and monitors current activity so that the team meets agreed timescales
- Coordinates the team's workload ensuring both business as usual and/or projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality.
- Analyses team output s and identify issues or trends connected to errors and time-consuming tasks
- Accountable for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance. Ensures correct processes and procedures are complied with by Accountants.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between the team and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, auditors, other Aon Teams and 3rd party providers.
- Uses talent management tools including succession planning and talent reviews to ensure that the right people are in the right roles for future growth and there is no Single Point of Failures in the team.
- Drives development activities in the team, identifying development needs and solutions in line with business needs based on the Aon Development Framework.
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant stakeholders and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues.
- Owns and drives recognition practices in the team, responsible for recognising colleagues and promoting the culture of recognising others in the team.
- Manages Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans ensuring all activities and processes are completed and kept up to date.
Working with others
The Manager partners with both internal and external Clients building strong relationships to manage expectations regarding service delivery.
The Manager works closely with other Accounting Managers to ensure effective service delivery
The Manager works with the Client Service Coordinator to manage expectations between the team and key stakeholders, these include the Client, Client Managers, Third Party Providers and other internal Aon parties.
The manager work closely with other wealth team to see if there is any synergies between process.
The Manager will work with other Managers to support the consistent management of colleagues across the Business Area.
The Manager will actively seek to develop own and teams' performance, skills and knowledge to maximise potential and contribution to the business.
The Manager participates in and, as required, leads internal and client identified change projects. The Manager ensures the project team has relevant skills and support to achieve goals.
The Manager has leadership responsibility for a team of colleagues and is responsible for all performance management activities in line with company policies and legislation.
The Manager motivates and encourages team members to understand and meet the business and client's requirements, linking colleagues and team goals to the company strategy.
The Manager explains difficult concepts to colleagues when delegating work or communicating information in a way which enables the efficient and effective delivery of work.
The Manager provides support, coaching and delivers constructive feedback to team members and encourage all to take an active role in their own Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Proven track record of People Management in an Accounting environment,
- Key stakeholder and client management experience at a management level.
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of a team.
- Experience in project/implementation work would be an asset.
- Professionalism and integrity to build long term trust.
- High level of self- motivation and proactivity.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure environment including, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines using analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- An effective communicator, confident to express your own views and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and, MS Office.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.