Manager - HR at Andhra Pradesh State Government
Views:1761 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Andhra Pradesh Government - Executive Director - Centre For Strategic Planning & Governance (20-30 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- The Executive Director, CSPG shall be responsible for managing the regular functioning of the centre and shall closely work with the internal and external teams to ensure the regular functioning of the Centre, taking decision as per delegation of powers, prepare and implement annual action plan and implementation of projects and tasks entrusted by client government agencies.
- The ED, CSPG shall report to the Director General (Secretary to the Government, Planning Department, GoAP), CSPG and shall report to the Principal Finance Secretary to the Government, Department of Finance, GoAP on the Public Finance Vertical.
a) Maintain excellent relationship with Secretaries and HODs.
b) Guide and coordinate the functioning of all five verticals in CSPG and regularly report to the governing board about the functioning of each vertical.
c) Provide technical assistance to Departments in the CSPGs functional areas.
d) Develop benchmarks and standards for inputs, processes, and outputs related to design, implementation and evaluation of objectives of CSPG.
e) Develop templates and model documents for M&E activities and government improvement interventions.
f) Institutionalise good governance processes and practices within department and agencies.
g) Provide legal advisory regarding drafting bills for legislators and craft regulations for government agencies and departments.
h) Provide research inputs to departments, especially on innovative practices, emerging technologies and new ideas.
i) Provide capacity building support by organising training programs and workshops for employees for government on new and innovative practices technologies.
j) Conduct seminars and conferences, curate academic and industrial field visits and connect learning forums that encourage global participation along with documentation and public research outputs across various domains and geographies.
k) Develop and promote knowledge-based public goods in CSPGs functional areas.
l) Build a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial consulting team, which drives skill sets in areas of intervention, including, public policy formulation & analysis, public systems reform, evaluations, project management, process re-engineering, best practice documentation, various sub-interventions in structural & personnel re-organisation, personnel re-organisation, etc. The CSPG also works on streamlining internal business processes of various Departments through a variety of structural & personnel restructuring exercises.
m) Ensure smooth execution of consulting assignments
n) Any other relevant activity as may be decided by the Board of Directors.
Terms of Employment: The position is contractual and the period of engagement is 3 years, extendable by 2 years thereafter.
1. Ph.D in areas of Public Policy, Economics, Finance or Management.
2. At least 20 years of professional experience, preferable in the public sector.
3. Rich experience of leadership of organisations or experience of leading 5 to 10 highly skilled professionals in multi-disciplinary teams and handling multiple projects.
4. Deep functional expertise in at least one policy sector.
5. Prior experience of working in the government sector will be a distinct advantage.
6. Excellent written and verbal articulation skills.
Key Traits and Skills:
1. High degree of pro activeness
2. Pronounced action-orientation
3. Comfortable with multi-tasking; complex, multi-stakeholder & fast-paced settings; long working hours; and challenging timelines
4. Strong commitment to collaborative work
5. Exceptional writing/documentation/presentation skills
The tentative timelines are as follows, which may change subject to administrative exigencies and number of applications received:
Date of Notification : 09-09-2023
Last date for Receipt of Applications : 29-09-2023
Joining Date : 2 Months from the issue of letter of selection
Application Process :
- Covering Letter
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 Pages)
- Write up on understanding of Governmental Structure, Practices and experience in a various areas. (Maximum 1000 Words, excluding relevant charts and tables, if any)
- Presentation on improvement of the services of Andhra Pradesh on any of the following areas and the efficiency with which they can be run by Benchmarking and Comparing other states in India / International Practices with analytical and Statistical diagram charts. (Maximum of 7 slides, excluding Introduction and thank you slides)
- Improve the quality of Public Services delivery through good governance (Capacity Building, Human Resource Management, Organisational Restructuring, Process Re-engineering, e-Governance, Data Analytics etc.)
- Maximise value for money from Public expenditure by focusing on program outcomes. (Public Finance Management, Resource Mobilisation, Cost benefit analysis and other value for money Assessments).
- Quantitative and Qualitative assessments of Government Policies and Programs.
Selection Process :
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on the merit of their application. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh reserves the right to defer the process of filling for the positions if it does not find suitable candidates during the selection process.
- The offer of appointment will be conditional upon producing Certificates of Educational Qualifications, Experience Certificates, Successful completion of Medical and Background Verification process etc.
Other Information :
- To facilitate necessary research for candidates, some indicative sources for Andhra Pradesh, not necessarily exhaustive, are listed below:
a. Finance Department Website for Budget
b. Socio Economic Surveys of Government of Andhra Pradesh
c. White Papers released by Government of Andhra Pradesh
d. Database of Government Orders of Andhra Pradesh
e. RBIs Handbooks on State Finances
f. State Level Bankers Committee Reports of Andhra Pradesh
- Candidates have to undertake their own research, as necessary, and not rely solely on the above sources. All the application materials shall have to be the work of the candidate alone. Any references used shall be cited accordingly. Any other support received during the compilation of the policy brief or making the presentation shall be duly acknowledged within the application materials.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.