HR Manager at Ananya Finance for Inclusive Growth Pvt Ltd
Views:555 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Ananya Finance - Head - Credit Policy & Risk (15-17 yrs)
Ananya Finance for Inclusive Growth Pvt Ltd
Head - Credit Policy & Risk
Location : Ahmedabad
Title : Vice President
Designation : Head - Credit Policy & Risk
Reports Directly To : Board-level committees - Credit Committee, Risk Management Committee
Direct Reports : Credit Managers / Analysts, Portfolio Monitoring, Recovery officers
Indirect Reports : Portfolio Administration Unit, Internal Audit, Legal & Compliance
Ananya Finance for Inclusive Growth Pvt. Ltd. (www.ananyafinance.com) is an NBFC set up by Friends of Women's World Banking - India (FWWB) in 2009, with the objective of reaching out to a large section of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and grass root entities. Ananya is one of the responsible NBFCs in India with the commitment to serve socially motivated bottom-line enterprises. It is also one of the few wholesale lenders that specializes in combining credit support with technical assistance to Microfinance Institutions, Agribusiness entities & MSMEs.
Position Summary :
Head - Credit Policy & Risk leads the credit underwriting and portfolio monitoring team. The individual shares the responsibility for the Credit Cost of the company, along with the Business Heads and the Managing Director.
- The individual is primarily responsible for ensuring that the loan portfolio built is of a high credit quality and remains healthy, through smart and efficient monitoring, hygiene factors and early warning systems. The individual will also be responsible for the delinquency management and recovery efforts.
- The individual will be a partner to business heads in supporting the growth of the loan portfolio in a profitable and sustainable manner while simultaneously having the ability and courage to voice opinion in a clear, concise manner and defend that position with the Management. Thus, the unit and the head are key contributors to Ananya's mission and vision and ensuring the company's reputation as an impact lender.
- As the head of the credit underwriting unit, the Head of Credit Policy & Risk is responsible for control over credit costs and targeting low Portfolio-At-Risk (PAR) and NPA ratios. Efficient team management and high internal stakeholder satisfaction are the other key KPIs. The role involves working closely with other functional heads including business, technology, finance, audit and legal & compliance. The role is part of the senior leadership team at Ananya and shall be a key contributor to setting the overall direction for the company, annual business plan preparation & implementation, prudent financial and fiscal management, risk management, compliance and prompt & accurate regulatory reporting.
Key Performance Indicators
- Credit policy formulation
- Credit underwriting
- Managing the overall credit risk of the portfolio
- Digitizing the underwriting, KYC processes
- Keep risk and portfolio performance at the optimum level with control over NPAs.
- Portfolio hygiene parameters
- Risk Management - liquidity, transaction, market risks
- Provide training and technical support to the credit underwriting team.
- Conduct field visit / verifications / meetings with clients as part of regular supervision to get first-hand information of ground reality.
- Assist in image building of the company as a socially responsible lender that provides essential financial services in the impact lending space.
- Assist in satisfactory audit and external credit rating score, funding partner meetings.
- Assist in timely and accurate compliance and regulatory reporting.
Strategy, Planning, and Management :
- Act as a strategic business partner to the Board / Management Committee.
- Provide market insights, including credit trends, competitor actions, and anything that might help the company in its mission.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
Qualification and other skills requirements :
- Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance with at least 15 years of credit and risk management experience in Inclusive Banking, Microfinance or Commercial Banking.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Creativity and ability to work with limited resources.
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft suite and other Loan Management Systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ananya promotes gender diversity and would prefer applications from relevant applicants who embrace gender diversity. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Compensation offered :
- The gross remuneration budgeted for this position is attractive. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.