Recruiter at SPG Consulting
Views:52 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Analyst - Tax (6-8 yrs)
US Tax Reporting and Analysis group, you will be responsible for US direct income tax activities with a focus on US state income tax compliance and will be a valued member that performs compliance and provision activities, supports special projects, and provides support for the US income tax audits.
You will have the opportunity to expand your US direct income tax experience in multiple tax technical areas as well as having great opportunities for career progression. The role will challenge you to combine technical and business knowledge to complete a high-quality work product, adapt to a rapidly changing legislative environment by documenting compliance positions and demonstrate critical thinking skills through the implementation of controls and analysis.
Your job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Tax Compliance Management
- Prepares US state income tax modifications, work papers and complex combined and separate company returns.
- Liaises with technical specialists to ensure appropriate preparation and review on technical or higher risk areas.
- Tax Planning Support and Special Projects
- Analyzes and interprets proposed changes to US tax legislations and regulations with regard to the impact on compliance requirements, requiring in-depth experience, knowledge and judgment.
- Applies tax research results to optimize enterprise tax effects.
- Participates on process improvement projects. Audit Support
- Provides analysis for US tax audits and develops responses to inquiries from taxing authorities.
- Bachelor's level degree related to accounting or an approved certification (CPA/CMA).
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible tax or accounting experience at Big 4 public accounting firm and/or large multinational manufacturing organization.
- Strong tax compliance experience in US state income tax compliance
- Experience with tax processes/systems/software (CorpTax, SAP BPC, Excel)
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative, good judgment, and superior communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented personality with the ability to build and foster relationships throughout the organization Understanding of accounting and business processes, and enterprise operations