Senior Consultant - Recruitment at Black Turtle
Views:1007 Applications:249 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Analyst - Structured Credit Trading - BFSI (0-6 yrs)
Analyst - Structured Credit Trading
About Structured Credit Trading Team:
- The Structured Credit trading team focuses on trading bespoke structured products and structuring specific solutions for clients. Using underlying credit instruments, including Corporate, Financial & Sovereign bonds, single name CDS and Loans, the team aims to create products that cater to the specific needs of a client. Within Structured Credit Trading, the business is split as liability (or financing) side business and asset side business. The Liability side business focuses on providing bespoke financing solutions to credit funds, FIs and banks against wide variety of credit assets - both on a recourse and non-recourse basis. The traded products are in the form of Repos, Loans and TRS. The Asset side business specializes in providing credit linked investment products to investors for yield enhancement. Typical traded products include vanilla and structured CLNs, repacks of liquid and illiquid securities and leveraged note instruments.
- Structured Credit team in Mumbai works with trading & analyst teams across the globe and supports the traders and senior management by producing business critical MIS reports, build and maintain tools to help find trading opportunities and recommend trade ideas, analyze companies, track news and performing ad hoc customized analysis.
Overall purpose of role:
The candidate would be working primarily on the EU financing business supporting a team of traders in building and maintaining tools to help find trading opportunities, track market data, perform ad hoc customized analysis and producing business critical reports.
- Assist trading desk with new and existing transactions: margin payments call, interest payments, RWA/LBS, hedges and exposure calculations
- Assist the onshore traders on all aspects of repo/TRS trades (substitutions, collateral funding with internal desks, financing, manage trigger events, fixings)
- Build and maintain trade and booking database
- Manage all non-economic term related transactions
- Help manage all risk reports (credit risk, market risk, capital, and funding) and daily PnL reconciliation for structured credit trading
- Help the desk to value positions and distribute prices to relevant internal teams
- Assist in building and optimising everyday tools used by desk traders
- Assist in monitoring the credit performance of the obligors in the existing trades
- Assist in managing risk, book-keeping and trading of Live trades
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
- The candidate would have to interact with counterparts globally. The candidate would have to work with the regional teams to understand the requirements, work with them to develop the new products and work on enhancements.
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
- The candidate needs to work on several time sensitive activities and hence is required to be meticulous and efficient
- Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of Credit instruments, their risk factors and pricing
- Quantitative background from a top tier school, with experience in a structured credit business preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Basic understanding of financial products and markets
- Aptitude for self-learning and collaborative mindset
- Proactive in nature. Should be keen to learn and implement learnings in real time
- Team player
- Certifications like CFA would be an added advantage