Recruitment Researcher at Huntingcube Recruitment Solutions
Views:802 Applications:194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Analyst/Senior Analyst - Financial & Regulatory Reporting/Financial Operations (0-3 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- In this role, you'll prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, conduct account and performance analyses, and handle investor management and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities in global capital markets.
- You'll be responsible for handling change management processes while understanding and analyzing changes in the firm's businesses and incorporating these changes into the firm's financial reporting infrastructure.
- Additionally, you'll drive technology projects that build tools for reporting and analysis (including Power BI and Power Query), streamlining workflows, and improving user experience.
- You'll contribute to the launch of new funds and closure of existing funds, which may require participation in structuring of complex fund structures and transactions, conducting historical analyses and fielding other bespoke requests from various internal groups (including senior management and technical investing groups). You'll also stay up to date on all developments taking place in the technical accounting space (primarily U.S. GAAP) to provide accounting guidance at the firm.
- You'll contribute to adopt new accounting standards, prepare and review various accounting policy memorandums, and update and maintain the firm's accounting policy manual. In addition to this, you'll have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm's financial activities and learn about complex fund structures and transactions while interacting substantially with our external auditors and other internal departments, including trade accounting, management company accounting, pricing, investor relations, tax, treasury, legal and compliance, and software development groups.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidate should be a CA (CPA would be an added advantage) with zero to three years of relevant work experience in financial reporting for global investment or banking entities handling audits and ensuring statutory compliances under US GAAP
- The ideal candidate should have attention to detail, keen analytical skills, be proficient in MS Excel and have excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully interact with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of Power BI and Power Query along with an understanding of IFRS and HKIFRS would be an added advantage
- The candidate should be a highly motivated individual who can handle all levels of complexity in the respective area of operation while being comfortable functioning in an agile environment with month-end deadlines
- Candidates with prior experience in the hedge fund or investment banking industries will have an added advantage