HR Recruiter at Black Turtle
Views:599 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Analyst - Quantitative Research - BFS (0-2 yrs)
- Collect insights and data from SQL data infrastructure to support colleagues, monitor QPS automation jobs investigate and escalate to RTB in case of job failures.
- The candidate will be expected to have a critical eye on the established process/systems in order to question them in a positive, productive and efficient way.
- IT teams: We work with research IT teams in order to support the production and be able to rollout in a timely fashion on our new fixes.
- Assist the senior QPS Analytics members in adhoc data requests.
- Other QPS members: We are currently working on a cross-asset research support. As part of this effort, the successful candidate will work with other members to conduct exploratory data analysis where needed.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- This position sits within the Global Research function providing support to Analytics research and production activities.
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- This hands-on role requires strong analytic skills to be able to understand and support model implementation and tools. The role requires good judgement in dealing both with short-term and longer-term projects with direct impact on the data products and a strong drive to develop an in-depth understanding of processes.
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Person Specification :
- Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent from IIT/other premier institutes
- 0 -1 years of experience in data management and analysis
- 0 -1 years of experience in a financial institution or firm, in a quantitative area
- Exposed to R, Python and SQL with evidence of application during academia, internship and short projects
- Fresher with strong quantitative background and a finance plus coding enthusiast highly desirable
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving, mathematical and programming skills (Python, SAS or similar)
- Extract and analyse data from large quote datasets
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents