Director at Global Headhunters
Views:5392 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Analyst - Private Equity - PE Firm (1-3 yrs)
Private Equity Analyst: Job Description
Company Description: The firm is a leading private equity investment firm
We believe that the best opportunities to create significant value are found in companies in need of new capital and new ownership structures. Our goal is to provide attractive exit options for owners and operators of small to medium-sized privately held manufacturing enterprises and to provide divestiture opportunities for divisions of corporate parent companies that no longer reflect the company's strategic focus.
We are looking to add a Financial Analyst to help augment our growing team. The role will engage across all functions of the firm and will have exposure to the entire deal process from origination and due diligence through deal structuring and post-investment portfolio management. This role is a balance between financial analysis, business strategy, and sharp execution. The ideal candidate is interested in growing businesses, has superior analytical skills, is extremely organized and is a prolific writer who prides themselves on thoughtful and eloquent communication.
Candidates who take initiative, have a tremendous work ethic and a high level of maturity are considered ideal.
Responsibilities: You will play a broad role in assisting senior management with investment decision making through sophisticated financial analysis and due diligence techniques:
- Prepare investment and transaction financial models and quantitative analysis;
- Supporting businesses with new deals;
- Perform in-depth research, analysis and present on the fundamentals of potential investments ;
- General industry research to assist in the identification of opportunities;
- Support deal execution including financial analysis, due diligence, documentation and financing;
- Assist in the review of key partnerships from both a strategic and financial perspective, and assist in the execution of transactions arising from the review.
- Interface on a daily basis with Managing Directors and Portfolio Company CEO- s, CFO's and Board of Directors members, providing business related analysis and guidance
- Develop and help implement strategies for specific portfolio companies to increase revenue, improve operations, strengthen financial controls, and increase shareholder value
- Extensive financial modeling including sensitivity analysis to support potential investment opportunities
- Provide financial evaluation of project investment opportunities including review of project documents and financing agreements
- Participate in negotiations on behalf of the firm for new investments dealing with partnership arrangements, financing arrangements, and other project contacts which impact the project return
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets with the firm's portfolios including review of monthly operating results and maintaining project performance
- Engage and lead project developers, project partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the financial performance of projects and investments
- Establish and maintain relationship with industry, trade and professional organizations to enhance
visibility of the firm and its portfolio companies in the market place
- Master's Degree with over 1 year of work experience which may include strategy/management consulting, private equity, investment banking, corporate development, enterprise strategy, etc.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to break down complex problems and solve in creative ways
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about new industries and business models
- High-EQ team player with strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Situational fluency in the private equity investing process
- Ideally, we are seeking someone with around 1 year experience in the analysis of
projects/companies. You have strong, advance level financial modelling and quantitative analysis skills and are happy to work in a hardworking ground breaking environment