Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:1638 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Analyst - Metals & Mining Sector - EMEA Region - CA/CFA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (8-15 yrs)
- The chosen candidate will work closely with Global Head of Metals and Mining Sector covering Metals & Mining companies. The candidate will also work with a wider team that includes Senior Associates and Analysts covering both Europe and CEEMEA regions.
- The main responsibility will be to support the analyst with coverage of existing companies. The candidate would be required to take ownership of the models and write a substantial part of the report.
- There will be thematic work alongside supporting daily coverage, including periodical products. Candidate will also help prepare research presentations and research notes for internal and external consumption as well as model building and maintaining a number of industry databases.
- Over time, the role may also require the candidate to manage the Mumbai Metals and Mining Pod comprising dedicated associates. The key responsibilities may include:
Stock and Client Coverage :
- Cover a set of stocks as a Primary Author.
- Lead client interactions on the stocks covered as a Primary Author over various forums such as client calls, conferences and investor days. Execute on a select client calling list based on shared client coverage responsibilities of the team.
- Partner with Research Management and work alongside Analysts, Associates & Operations Team Leads. Should display strong interpersonal and problem solving skills to manage relationships with junior as well as senior colleagues.
- Be a thought leader on products, client requests and new initiatives. The candidate is expected to be on top of the latest industry news, insights and issues of interest.
- Actively look for opportunities to generate ideas (research ideas, ideas regarding operations, workflow, communication, databases etc.).
- Engage with dedicated associates and Research Operations team (such as modeling, web scraping, application development etc.) to execute assignments on collaboration projects on database management, primers, global products etc.
- Managing workflow, resource and time constraints of the Metals and Mining Pod.
- Delivery Lead: The individual will work alongside Pod staff and monitor - Quality- of the deliverables. In many cases, given the nature of work, it is not possible to define quantitative metrics and hence it will be important to develop a culture of - client delight- by constantly pushing for excellence in service delivery.
- Hiring, Training and Mentorship Responsibilities: The candidate will be required to recruit high quality Associates while looking for new and replacement hires. Specific activities include finalizing the job specifications after consultation with the on-shore analyst and conducting preliminary interviews.
The candidate will be actively involved in - Training Needs Identification- and will pursue and monitor training goals for each of the Pod staff. On the job training and offhand coaching is widely encouraged and the candidate will be required to proactively work towards Pod staff's development needs.
- Performance Management: The candidate will interact on a continuous basis with on-shore analysts to seek feedback on the Pod staff. The candidate will be required to identify low performing Pod staff on an ongoing basis and work with them as well as on-shore Analysts to achieve desired performance standards. The candidate will be responsible for deciding year end performance ratings for the Pod staff within the bell curve constraint.
Financial/ Budgetary: N/A
Individual Contributor (IC)/Managerial IC
Education: Ideally the candidate will hold one of CA (preferably from Big Four Accounting Firms) or MBA from a premier academic institution
- 8+ years of equity research experience. Equity research experience in Metals and Mining sector
- Prior team management experience
- Strong understanding of the metals & mining business (value chain, business models, new emerging issues)
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and valuation modeling skills (DCF and Relative Valuation).
- Ability to collect and analyse sector data based on secondary information. Ability to build market sizing models and understand industry dynamics, key trends and their implication on companies under coverage.
- Good data management and analysis skills and a high degree of comfort with Excel; should be comfortable in maintaining and updating existing models and databases.
- Strong writing skills (good at structuring the report and articulating the key findings); ability to synthesise ideas in clear, logical, and precise written English; must be already involved in writing research reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with companies and overseas colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and will possess strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should be a pragmatic "self-starter" who is prepared to learn about various sectors - someone who can work both independently if the analyst is traveling or as part of a team.