Director Talent Acquisition at ElationHR
Views:5406 Applications:341 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Analyst - Mergers & Acquisition - Investment Banking (4-9 yrs)
- M&A transactions, bring separate companies together to form larger ones. A merger is a combination of two companies; an acquisition is where one company buys another.
- The wave of mergers and acquisitions enables businesses to achieve significant competitive advantage in the market, thus making M&A the fastest tactical preference for global players as well as start-ups. The highly competitive global environment has made Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), a common phenomenon for big and small businesses throughout the Globe. M&A deals are an effective growth strategy for companies that help in:
- Multiplying capabilities,
- Sharing proficiency, and
- Enhancing market share
- The executive handling M& A in an I-banking firm plays a pivotal role in the process of merger and/or acquisition between two companies. While mergers and acquisitions are considered an essential part of a company's growth strategy and carried out for beneficial reasons, a messed up and weak understanding of issues often stands as an obstruction that results in failed mergers. Thus, the candidate should have the capability to play a key role in managing all crises as well as disputes that may crop up in an organization, as and when the process of merger and acquisition sets off.
- Analyzing Organizational Cultures-The M&A executive helps figure out if the organizational culture of two companies partnering together are compatible enough to be meshed as one.
- When two corporate cultures integrate, it is the responsibility of the respective human resources to enable a smooth transition by assisting the employees to comprehend and embrace a new organizational culture. However, this may turn into a daunting task as many M&As fail awfully owing to cultural disparity, clash in leadership, need of management commitment, absence of common objectives, or weak change management, which may turn into a matter of grave concern.
- Boosting the Morale of Anxious Employees- During the process of M&A, some employees may be reluctant to adapt to the new work culture thus, creating a serious culture clash. It is a common human tendency to resist change and since M&As bring in an element of apprehensions and change for the employees of both merging companies, Executive (M&A) in coordination with the Human Resources in both the organizations should act as a comforting factor and take measures for sorting out the transition process for employees..
- A major challenge for merging companies is that of building and maintaining viable businesses in a rapidly changing marketplace. The candidate must have the capability to recognize the core elements of the businesses and how to maintain a viable fit between their stakeholders, processes, resources, and organization capabilities and culture.
- For the purpose, Candidates will have to understand the M&A requirements and conduct a preliminary feasibility, prepare project proposals, define approach, co-ordinate with the HR/ identified teams, incorporate additional client requirements and prepare status reports for management. The person will have to demonstrate exceptional ability to understand businesses, articulate views and findings, provide data-driven and analysis-rich deliverables deriving strategic insights as per the client requirements and must be adept to working in a dynamic business environment. The person must be excellent at planning, controlling, execution and implementation. Candidate will also be required to provide clients with solutions to their ad-hoc critical business issues. They need to be precise in the following areas:
- Conducting due diligence
- Studying corporate culture
- Entering to negotiations with both parties - Structuring the transaction
- End-to-end execution
- Senior Consultants will have added responsibilities :- project planning (for self and reporting team members), team leading/management, monitoring work progress against the engagement plan, maintaining project documentations as per required KPM ASSET quality standard and prepare the required deliverables in the prescribed format.
- Other responsibilities include data collection, project management, presentations, and documentation of related processes & procedures.
- This position is also responsible for analysis, routine and ad-hoc reporting to support the decision-making functions of KPM ASSETS- leadership and senior management. This position acts as a pivotal resource to service the line managers for key initiatives.
1.4-8 years experience in M&A in an Investing Banking firm.
2.Qualification: Graduate in any discipline with post graduation qualification
Such as MBA/CA/CS/CFA will have an advantage.
3.Independently executed/supervised at least 3 to 4 M & A assignments. Experience in handling assignments in at least 3 to 4 industry segments
5.Able to multi-task and function within established time frames for deadlines. 6.Extremely detail-oriented with high standards for written and visual presentation of information as well as idea.
7.Excellent research, analytical, presentation, numerical and problem solving skills.
8.Ability to develop and articulate strategic recommendations based on rigorous data analysis.
9. Knowledge of project reporting tools for performance monitoring, presentation to executive boards and senior leadership.
10.Ability to partner with BD teams to understand marketing strategies; should have Business Development acumen and ability to identify Business Development opportunities.
11.Self-driven with a high level of motivation and energy; a strong can do attitude; ability and willingness to work in a small and fast growing set-up.
12.Excellent written and verbal communication.
13.Possess strong finance domain knowledge as well as understanding of key business processes across multiple industries.
14.Ability to create and manage the project schedule while providing updates and mitigating issues that be identified.
15.Must be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and have a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
16.Ability to work under pressure - stringent deadlines and tough client conditions which may demand extended working hours
17.Willingness to travel within India or abroad for continuous long periods of time.
About the Company:
KPM ASSET is a multi-country, multi-disciplinary Investment Banking & Advisory firm offering a range of customised business solutions to organisations of various sizes across the globe. Established in the year 1999, KPM ASSET has since built an excellent track record of delivering innovative and result- oriented solutions to clients.
Our Transaction Management Division handles various types of projects including (but not limited to) the following:
1. Business Planning
2. Management Consulting
3. Strategic Growth Advisory
4. Optimisation of Revenue, Cost, Fixed assets and working capital
5. Financial Consulting/Budgeting/Forecasting
6.Financial & Data Analytics / MIS
7.Operations/Process Consulting - Process & Policy design, Review & improvement, SOPs
8. Organisational Structuring
9. Internal audit / Business Due diligence; Feasibility Studies
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.