Group Manager at Hiring Partners
Views:101180 Applications:1400 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:227
Analyst/Consultant - Process Architect - Telecom - BSS/OSS (1-8 yrs)
Analyst/Consultant - Telecom BSS/ OSS Process Architect
Operating Group : Communications, Media and Tech (CMT)
Accenture's Consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as an Analyst/Consultant with Accenture, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. You must be a service professional with deep knowledge in Business process management and re-engineering in a Telecommunications environment.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Job Description :
Management Consulting professionals focus on strategy and take responsibility for organizational change and business transformation. The GTIN practice is being grown aggressively to service overseas markets and has grown from startup to over 1200 consultants today.
The Communications,Media and Technology (CMT) practice within the GTIN organization focuses on clients in :
- Communications - telecommunications providers, cable television companies, wireless and satellite carriers, broadcast, internet and interactive service providers
- Media and Entertainment - entertainment, publishing, printing, and advertising industry
- Electronics & High Tech (E&HT) - aerospace & defense, communications equipment, computer hardware, consumer electronics, data storage equipment, office equipment, semiconductor, and software manufacturers
- This role is for a consulting professional with experience in telecom BSS/OSS process architecture design and implementation. The role will provide expertise to help telecom clients design and implement their processes and improve the same by mapping them to industry standards, by streamlining and providing support across various related activities
- It should be noted that as in most consulting roles, the candidate may be called upon to perform significantly different roles and projects that come up from time to time in a broad based consulting organization. Such projects may be in any location across the world. These may include client - oriented projects as well as development of POVs for Accenture.
- Project duration's typically vary from several weeks to more than a year. Flexibility in work, Core Intelligence and ability to work with customers along with readiness ; infact eagerness; to travel within a very short notice period is a crticical pre requisite for each candidate.
Project Delivery : Work in teams to deliver projects for global clients, and be responsible, with minimal supervision, for :
- Developing an end to end process architecture in line with chosen BSS/OSS platforms
- Ability to understand the as-is process; understand issues with the processes which can be resolved either through technology or process solutions
- Ability to co architect the to-be processes with strong functional understanding of best practices in sales, marketing, provisioning, activation, billing and revenue management
- Prepare Operational Impact Analysis and business cases to analyze the project in terms of cost and FTE
- Act as an business advocate of the customer at all stages of the process and work with technology teams
- Support projects throughout the solution development life cycle, from establishing vision and scope to validating business and user requirements in the testing phase
- Engaging all the stake holders as a virtual team (Customer, Development and Accounts team, Product manager, operations) for product launches.
- Understand customer needs and translate them to business requirements (business requirement definition), business process flows and functional requirements- thereby acting as an interface between business and technology teams
- Perform an effective gap analysis of the existing product & solution against the requirements, and refined/define the requirements which will be cost effective & more aligned to the product/solution/COTS
- Be able to independently liaise with customers and convincingly present process gaps/redundancies identified and proposed to-be processes- especially in an unstructured and ever-changing client environment. Be able to independently question the customer, when required
Business Development : Support efforts of global sales team to identify and win potential opportunities within the CMT practice
Industry Expertise : Provide industry expertise in telecommunications
Specific experiences will include :
- 1-8 Years of progressive or consulting experience; experience in a consulting firm is preferable
- Strong telecom industry background experience and knowledge on BSS/ OSS processes
- Consulting or functional experience for operators / service providers along with the following skills :
a) Possess understanding and knowledge of eTOM Framework and other industry standards/ models
b) Designing As-Is & To-Be processes, Business Process Re-engineering & improvement, Business Transformation, Billing, Opportunity Assessment, data analysis and Systems Mapping.
c) Ability to understand cross functional process inter-linkages and prepare process architecture diagrams
d) Propose solution options based on the analysis and recommend the option that is architecturally-compliant and most feasible in terms of cost effectiveness, robustness, security and maintainability across the architecture
e) Complete understanding of SDLC -Agile Methodology and ITIL processes and ensure all deliverables are in-line to SDLC processes
f) Experience in continuous process improvement and identifying process gaps for New Launch, SIP (service Improvement Program & Migration processes).
g) Mastery in modeling tools (e.g. Visio and other BPMN Tools).
h) Knowledge on Standards such as BPMN, eTOM, SID, TAM preferred. eTOM certification is highly desirable. Representation in industry bodies would be an added plus
i) Techno-Functional knowledge on following COTS will be an added plus: Siebel, BRM, Amdocs Clarify, Billing, and Intec Billing & Mediation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with senior decision makers preferred
- MBA from a Tier 1/ Tier 2 B-school
- Exposure to global clients is preferred
Key Competencies and Characteristics :
- Possesses excellent communication (written and oral) skills and excellent presentation skills
- Comfortable working at the highest levels of client organizations and interacting closely with the - C- level executives in a range of environments
- Comfortable functioning in a broadly positioned and highly diverse consulting firm
- Excellent team work and ability to work in distributed delivery environment
- Possesses and demonstrates high integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom s/he will work
- Strong intellect coupled with proficient commercial instincts
- Be flexible, and have a good team approach
Other Details :
Location : Bangalore\Gurgaon\Mumbai
Travel : Ability to accommodate ongoing 90% domestic and international travel.Please note that this is a vital aspect of the job and anyone who does not have the required enthusiasm for 90 travel need not apply
Understanding of foreign languages specifically French and German will be an added plus which should be highlighted