Senior Consultant at AFRY
Views:1165 Applications:212 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Analyst/Consultant - Management Consulting Division - Energy Sector (0-2 yrs)
- Your initial focus will be to perform quantitative analysis for the project types mentioned above. This involves the development and use of our in- house market/system models, as well as spreadsheet models.
- You will also conduct desktop research on a range of energy topics e.g. to understand the regulation in a given market, or to derive inputs for quantitative analysis.
- As your knowledge and capability grow you will contribute to report and slide-based deliverables, and present these to clients.
- In the medium-term our consultants become subject matter experts and skilled project managers.
- You will primarily work with international clients with an interest in the Indian market, or with Indian clients. However, you will also be expected to work with other AFRY offices around the world to support both the business and your own development.
Work environment and career development :
- AFRY provides a stimulating and supportive environment for new starters to gain skills, knowledge and experience.
- We provide a mixture of internal and external training to grow your industry knowledge, quantitative skills (e.g. Excel, VBA, SQL, market modelling) and 'soft' skills (e.g. communication, writing, leadership, project management, etc.).
- On-the-job training is also critical. Our project managers have an interest in ensuring their team members are equipped to deliver the tasks at hand. You will learn a huge amount attending internal and external meetings with some of the industry's leading experts.
- Our structured approach to career development ensures that our consultants have clear objectives and understand what is needed to progress to the next career level.
- We would like you to be physically present in our Noida office as much as possible, though there is some flexibility.
- While the Noida office is being established, staff will be closely supported and trained primarily by our UK and Dubai teams, as well as the wider AFRY network.
- We offer a competitive salary, a performance related bonus scheme and an excellent range of benefits.
- We are looking for candidates with: strong analytical and numerical skills (as demonstrated though e.g. degree results, academic projects/theses, etc.);
- An interest in energy, particularly economic, commercial, financial and regulatory aspects;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English);
- Ability to work within budgets and deadlines, and to think for yourself; and good attention to detail.
- Candidates should have a bachelor (or more advanced) degree in a numerical subject e.g. economics, science, engineering, mathematics, etc.
- No prior experience in the energy industry is needed - but candidates should demonstrate an interest in their cover letters and at interview.
- As part of your online application process, please provide a CV and covering letter stating why you want to work for AFRY and your salary expectations. We only accept online applications.