Lead Consultant at Credo Consulting
Views:17648 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:106
Analyst - CAT/Catastrophic/Catastrophe Modelling - Insurance (2-4 yrs)
Are you someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, economics or other related areas.
- 2-4 years experience in CAT Modeling
- Prior experience in insurance data management and account modeling
- Extensive knowledge of commercially available catastrophe models.
- A good appreciation of complex insurance and reinsurance structures.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced knowledge of business software such as MS Excel, Access and SQL.
- Knowledge of using VBA and ODBC connections a plus
- Experience with mapping software (ideally ESRI products) a plus.
- Proven excellence in communicating conclusions to analytics staff, managers and senior executives, both internally and externally.
Would you be keen for a role where your responsibilities will be:
- Modeling one or more different policy structures per account, and multiple options as requested by the underwriter
- Modeling accounts to estimate catastrophe losses from all perils using multiple catastrophe models
- Perform portfolio modeling, catastrophe response and model investigations
- Providing catastrophe modeling results to support the pricing and underwriting process
- Providing insurance account data entry, enhancement, coding and modeling support to underwriting and regional catastrophe teams globally
- Processing submission data files within stipulated time frames by entering them into account modeling systems, translating and coding to model recognizable format(s), and assessing and correcting location addresses and geocoding
- Verify quality and integrity of the input data; prepare data to import to AIR, RMS, EQE software or any other software products utilized by the Analytics team.
- Understand and explain related data quality issues and secondary characteristics effects on modeled results
If you are interested for a role in Cat Modeling, please apply and we will come back to you.