Amway - Vice President/Category Head - Wellness (14-20 yrs)
Title : Category Head - Wellness
JOB SUMMARY :
Job Purpose :
- Responsible and accountable for all business and strategic aspects of the India Wellness product portfolio and brands. To ensure optimal performance (sales, profitability, market share, brand equity) of the Wellness Portfolio (Nutrition, Home Care, APSA, Durables and XS) in India
- Wellness champion for India and partner with key functions in India, Field Marketing Team in regions in India, the Global Marketing Team, and ABOs to develop and activate the Wellness strategy
- Direct support to the CMO India on all relevant business topics
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for growth (sales, market share, brand equity) and profitability of the Wellness business in India
- Monitoring and analysis of portfolio financials, using findings to actively steer brand business plans.
- Develop and ensure implementation of short-term and long-term marketing strategies for the Wellness portfolio in India including but not limited to advertising, digital engagement, new product launches, SKU rationalization, promotions, pricing and forecasting, ABO/Consumer brand experience programs, ABO Tools and Incentive Programs.
- Management of portfolio budgets. Responsible for the financial evaluation of marketing initiatives pre and post-launch,
- Work with India counterparts (HO Wellness Marketing team + Field Wellness Marketing Team) as well as the Global Marketing Team to successfully develop and implement all strategies and actions for the India Wellness Portfolio. Actively demonstrate strong leadership as a member of the India marketing team and the regional marketing team. Participate in regional category planning meetings and ensure needs of India are addressed.
- Development of compelling creatives for advertising in the Wellness portfolio through the creative agency. Effectively manage the creative agency in terms of strategy, creativity, execution and costs.
- Close cooperation with the Marcom department for media strategy, planning, execution and ABO communication
- Use market research to understand consumer and distributor needs and to make winning marketing decisions. Ensure team understanding and pragmatic use of market research.
- Analyze the marketplace. Keep track of competitor activities/ market shares and the emerging consumer preferences
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to team members and provide them with ongoing constructive feedback and recognition.
- Successfully and collaboratively lead and integrate efforts of team members across functions in India, the region and ADA to achieve portfolio objectives.
- Partner with concerned marketing person on developing communities centered around wellness such as weight management and healthy cooking
MANAGEMENT LEVEL :
Revenue & Managed Spend :
Turnover - INR 1100 Cr annually
Budget - INR 70 Cr
Direct Reports : 6 (2 report solid line and 4 have dotted line reporting)
Indirect Reports : 15 Indirect reports
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE :
Education : MBA/PGDBM
Degree Field : Marketing Management
Related Experience :
- 14-20 Yrs in Marketing function (preferably in FMCG industry)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with market research, advertising and new product launches
- A team player, experienced in leading teams and cross-functional teams
- Sound business acumen required, specifically financial skills
- Experience in coaching and staff development
- Proven leadership, negotiation and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Self-reliant, proactive and highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Role would entail frequent travel