HR at HR - Manufacturing
Views:4732 Applications:246 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:179
Amway - Operation Manager - Beauty & Personal Care (10-15 yrs)
Operation Manager - Beauty & Personal Care
- Manage the effective operation of the Operations Team, as well as related HR issues for team members therein.
- Manage the Operations Team: assure appropriate staffing, maintain working environment according to Environmental, Safety & Health (EHS) standards, detect and advise training needs, share information (transparency), participate in career management initiatives, etc\ Manage and supervise Production associates as assigned.
- Implement action plans in order to improve functionality/productivity
- Owning all the PDQCSM (Production, Delivery, Quality, Cost, Safety, and Morale) scorecard measures for the department and Safety, Morale, and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), Capacity, and Cost
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Assurance capability program
- Ensure completion of all quality checks (QC) and documentation of all work that has been completed before final delivery to customer/client.
- Ensure accurate documentation is completed regarding all production, service and parts in a timely manner
- Oversee maintenance of all physical plant cleanliness and orderliness.
- Coordinate and schedule production and service plans, as well as standard processes; assure feasibility of plans
- Achieve financial targets: prepare and present daily output reporting; manage the actual production costs based on 'ideal' costs; maintain product margin, and monitor productivity (labour level, material consumption, etc.).
- Owing the OPEX budget and material yield savings initiatives for manufacturing
- Meet established customer specifications concerning cycle time, delivery, quality, quantity and costs; implement preventative and corrective measures in the production process to assure that customer demands are properly met; coordinate with client's team to meet all customer standards.
- Attend and lead company and department meetings, in-services, and trainings as required.
- Learn, use, and become proficient in all the Reliability programs.
- Scheduling and oversight of all inspections required to maintain compliance with the Risk Based Reliability and Mechanical Integrity Programs.
- Engage employees to adopt Lean Production System Principles to implement a Lean program with the full support from the senior leadership of the organization. Manage and mentor focused process improvement projects as part of our Lean transformation and coordinate other Lean events (Kaizen & 5S).
- Promote Kaizen events to perform pre-event training, prepare the plant for events, develop and implement a communication plan, conduct post event follow-up and auditing of results, assure prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentor Kaizen team members.
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Ensure Smooth implementation of ITM projects
- Teach Lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, etc.). Serve as the plant's internal 5-S calibration expert.
- Own Autonomous maintenance capability system for the Module
Mechanical Maintenance for the operations:
- Lead and direct the plant Plant Mechanical maintenance activities with the overall responsibility for the management, coordination and completion of Mechanical Maintenance and Mechanical improvement projects for the Plant
- Develop the company's Plant engineering /Mechanical maintenance strategy, policy and procedures in line with the company's growth strategy. Manage, support and provide direction and leadership to his Team Leaders
- Responsible for all Mechanical engineering & Automation - asset maintenance and care, capital investments, spares management, employee and equipment safety.
- Implement PM Pillar( Capability system)
- Implement cost effective maintenance management system
- Support ITM projects for vertical start up.
- Support site Loss elimination project with respect to Mechanical equipment modification/Automation.
Functional Skills :
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering preferably with a MBA/ PGDM from premier institute with equivalent work experience of 5-7 years in an appropriate manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of a Quality management system is required; QVM, ISO9000,AS9100, or TS16949.
- Knowledge of Drug and cosmetic act & Legal metrology requirements
- Operational knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Production methods (Kanban, 5S, Hoshin, VMI )
- Background in food/ drug/ regulated products would be preferred
- At least 4-5 years of production experience, handling beauty& Personal care products
- At least 4-5 years team management experience
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills; Experienced in leading/building a small to mid-size groups of production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PC skill-set - MS Project, MS Office suite
- Ability to maintain and emphasis quality and safety initiatives in a demanding environment General Skills
- Ability to multi-task and proven track record in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment while following the fundamental processes and prioritization.
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with cross and outside functions. Strong interpersonal skills
- Bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.