Amway - Associate Manager - Process Development (4-8 yrs)
The specific focus of an individual in the Process Engineering sub-family will vary based on division but may be responsible for one or more of the following :
- Designing, developing and validating new or revised manufacturing processes and equipment, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
- Reviewing product requirements with product development capability of processing methods to determine costs and schedules.
- Investigating, specifying and/or supporting new processing technologies, equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Conducting process capability studies throughout all stages of production to determine control over applicable variables and implement appropriate changes where necessary to ensure control of those variables.
- Analyzing process reliability data to assess and improve manufacturing equipment performance.
- Servicing, troubleshooting and solving production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Inspecting performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency.
- Developing and continuously improving preventative maintenance standards for manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinating and revalidating changes with changes in raw material or product specifications.
- Leading product, process and business systems analysis and assessments to identify gaps and improvement opportunities for strategic and operational transformational activities.
- Achieving measurable process improvements by defining, designing and implementing continuous improvement programs using applicable methodology and analytics.
- Researching, socializing and implementing best practices in day-to-day processes.
- Leading and facilitating teams through continuous improvement processes and activities and ensuring standardization in the implementation of process improvement across the organization.
- Assisting functional areas in developing operational plans and establishing measurement systems for sustained performance improvements.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Providing mentoring, coaching and support on technical programs and projects directing the day-to-day work of technicians, lower level scientists/engineers, interns and/or contractors.
Purpose of the role :
Responsible for proactive improvement of ingredients, process and formulations to improve supply chain continuity and efficiency. Conduct product & process development activities related to new RMs and New Supplier developments. Implement the changes / required revalidation when there is change in Raw Material, Product specification and Equipment in Nutrition and Dietary supplement formulation in different formats like Tablet, Chewable, Capsule, Softgel, Powder, Gummies and Energy Drinks (RTD)
Primary Responsibilities :
- Develop and assist in the qualification process for new raw material suppliers/ Vendors in country by working with cross-functional team (Procurement, QA, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturer)
- Identify new vendors for nutrition ingredients, qualify RM as per regulatory requirements and internal organizational standards.
- Designing, developing and validating new RM, manufacturing processes and equipment, taking into consideration problems related to supply issue, regulatory requirement and quality issue to sustain continuous supply.
- Develop pipeline of projects by identifying targeted raw material based on functionality of material and formulation stability and meet cost saving objectives.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the broad strategic direction for Business Sustaining Activities.
- Conducting process development and validation of Nutrition supplement formulation.
- Performing scale up processes from Lab batch to production. Conducting plant trials/start up in support of process qualifications
- Developing validation scope documents, process qualification and validation protocol for product re-engineering projects
- Developing strong client and cross functional relationships and communicating effectively in verbal and written form to establish clear direction, build consensus and provide project status.
- Conducting protocol training, executing process qualification and validation protocols, documenting and resolving deviations for product re-engineering projects
- Writing reports and return field copy validation with associated deviations completed
- Defining requirements, critical characteristics and specifications for new alternate materials, components and processes
- Travel domestically in order to ensure job objectives are met.
Career Level / Developing
- Requires basic working knowledge of principles and practices of area of specialty.
- Develops proficiency in area of specialty through practical experience.
- Develops solutions to a variety of routine technical problems of limited scope using application of basic technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Work mostly focused on tasks, with supporting role on technical projects and programs.
- Work direction given in tasks, following detailed instructions with review of work by peers or upline and reliance on upline for problem resolution.
Education : Graduate/Post-Graduate
Degree Field : Chemical Engineering/ Pharmaceutical/ Food Technology
Related Experience (years) : 4-8 years in product/process development in FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Nutrition & Dietary Supplement R&D
Required skills and competencies :
- Industry knowledge of Nutrition & Dietary supplement formulation in formats like Tablet, Capsule, Softgel, Powder, Gummy and Energy Drinks (RTD) and their ingredients and supplier.
- Deep functional knowledge of the principles and applications of Nutrition supplement product and processes.
- Product and Process development steps, principles and practices of product validation and qualification in development phases of a project.
- Identifying and anticipating problems, reviewing related information, developing and evaluating options, implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicating and presenting technical complex data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences
- Experienced in Lab work, scale up and stability studies for Tablet, Capsule, Softgel, Powder, Gummy and Energy Drinks.
- Interacting with cross-functional teams to achieve defined objectives through consulting and positive interaction with culturally diverse team members, external partners and clients
- Planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling projects; ensuring efficient utilization of technical resources and appropriate mitigation of risk to achieve project objectives
- Use of related analytical and scientific software (PLM), databases and applications to include use of typical office suite software.
- Successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; adapting as needed to meet the requirements of the business
Processing, documenting and providing timely information with a high level of accuracy in a usable format (i.e. Developmental, Validation documents)
- Successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; adapting as needed to meet the requirements of the business Experience in Raw Material development.
- Awareness of quality systems/ GMP norms for different categories of products
- Effective verbal, written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Computer (i.e. MS Office, Acrobat)