Recruiter at Black Turtle
Views:3591 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
AML/Risk & Compliance Role - Banking (8-10 yrs)
Re-Entry Program Role - AML/Risk & Compliance - BFSI
- Lead and drive the continued and ongoing build out of the India AML Transaction monitoring Operations Team, identifying areas that need change to improve the daily output of the team.
- Direct oversight of 10+ person team including the day to day management of 1-2 Team Leads, ensuring that the throughput of work is to the required standards expected.
- Manage the group ensuring the team properly collect and document data, including alerting activity, account information, transactional data, KYC information, politically exposed person (PEP) status, adverse media as well as counterparty and any other required information to assist in the investigation
- Regularly evaluate Alert Triage Analysts analysis of alerts for proper identification of AML, Terrorist Financing (TF), Human Trafficking and other red flags to assess whether escalation or closure with no further action decisions are accurate
- Build relationships with AML Investigations units and effectively communicate and transfer information for case investigations
- Coaching and mentoring of the Team Leads and Core Processing Analysts on a daily basis.
- Documenting and escalation of any issues and concerns to the AML Senior Management.
- Understanding of all the risk and controls partners (Quality Assurance, Quality Testing, Controls and the RCSA process) as it pertains to the team. Execution of any expected work.
- Develop excellent relationships with the other AML Transaction monitoring Locations across APAC, EMEA and North America
- Proactively gather and coordinate any changes to the firms AML policies / processes with Compliance or LOB Operations and AML-Transaction monitoring.
- Participate or lead other AML Transaction monitoring or LOB aligned initiatives as necessary.
- Detailed knowledge / subject matter expertise of AML processes, Technology, Case Management and products / services.
- Expected to understand and learn the existing procedures in place and then help with the training execution for expansion and build out of Hyderabad.
- Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
- 8-10 plus years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance- AML Transaction monitoring
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
- Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcomes
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Strong leader who has experience with managing medium to large teams in an operational environment, able to show direction and guidance on a regular basis
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team, ideally has experience with leading a new team where there is limited knowledge in place and needs to be developed over time.
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- AML/OFAC or Compliance experience highly desirable
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
- Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes