Associate Consultant at TD Newton & Associates
Views:3076 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
AML Compliance Role - BFSI (10-15 yrs)
At this level, the role requires the provision of leadership and guidance to colleagues and Northern Trust partners to support AML compliance services aligned to:
- AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
- Ireland & UK Investor AML processes and procedures.
- Northern Trust's Compliance, Risk and Audit programs.
There is a requirement to hold, build and maintain a very strong relationship with the Northern Trust Investor AML Department in Ireland to deliver a robust AML Compliance service to Northern Trust's client and investor base.
- Takes responsibility for the timely and accurate completion by Investor AML support partners of workload allocated including tasks processed through Northern Trust's workflow process; transaction monitoring and screening alerts; periodic investor documentation reviews and investor transitions into and out off Northern Trust.
- Leads Investor AML support partners- review of investor documentation and information in adherence with Northern Trust's AML processes and procedures.
- Works with direct and indirect reporting partners in reviewing such investor documentation and efficiently highlighting outstanding investor due diligence documentation (if any) to the Investor AML Department in Ireland, by agreed modes of communication, with professionalism of approach and timely escalation of material issues arising.
- Assists with the more complex problems and critical issues as escalated from within the Investor AML support team in Bangalore or Pune, as well as those received from other Northern Trust partners (including primarily the Northern Trust Investor AML Department in Ireland).
- Works with direct and indirect reporting partners to ensure that all queries from other Northern Trust partners (including primarily the Northern Trust Investor AML Department in Ireland) are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Takes ownership for completion of support services for Ireland & UK Investor AML processes and procedures in conjunction with Northern Trust colleagues in Ireland and provides regular, meaningful and accurate periodic updates to his/her line manager and colleagues in Bangalore, Pune and Ireland.
- Leads the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with partners in Northern Trust Investor AML Department in Ireland.
- Works with his/her line manager and other colleagues to ensure that the Investor AML support teams in Bangalore and Pune meet the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with advised changes in processes and procedures pursuant to amendments in prevailing legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of Investor AML good practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust's AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of day-to-day Investor AML processes and procedures and the wider funds administration business.
- Previous people management experience.
- Previous experience in an Investor AML servicing role.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research and understand complex issues and deliver solutions agreed with line management.
- General knowledge of the global Investor AML regulatory environment.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility.
- The successful candidate is required to comply, and ensure direct and indirect reports comply, with the global AML regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- The successful candidate is expected to exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
- The successful candidate is required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of such duties.
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Northern Trust Investor AML partners in Ireland.
- People management.
- Understand and implement principles of quality delivery.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Can work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Interpersonal/Team player.
- Ability to stay focused/tenacious.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.