American General Life Insurance - Lead - Contract & Purchasing (10-11 yrs)
Contract and Purchasing Lead_GSPS
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of staff members responsible for the Contract Administration and Purchasing Administration function which includes providing general direction, management of workload and issues, and auditing.
- Process owner of the purchasing agent process.
- Owner of the commodity matrix - responsible for working with the sourcing managers on revising the document and training the Purchasing Agents on the updates
- Review and approve all client requests for read/write access to Ariba Contract Workspace Procurement.
- Generate reports from Ariba for spend analysis and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Responsible for Ariba training and support for internal clients daily as needed and regularly for scheduled training classes.
- Responsible for confidential transaction processing.
- Act as the escalation point for all issues and inquiries.
- Provide assistance to internal Clients related to the overall GS&PS Process, report requests, training, and vendor invoicing concerns.
- Provide assistance to vendors related to contract invoicing issues and the status of their payment mechanism set ups, and expediting invoice approvals.
- Participate on various transformation teams for streamlining and improving the overall acquisition process.
- Assist Fieldglass Administrators will various process improvement initiatives.
- Manage and participate on any functionality, enhancement or clean-up projects associated with the Contract Workspace Procurement or Procurement Workspaces.
- Develop Quick Reference Guides and communications to assist the Sourcing Professional as well as reviewing global communications to our client base on process changes.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
- 10 -11 years of overall experience with at least 3 years of experience in a people manager role
- Strong understanding of the Procurement/sourcing processes
- Extensive knowledge of the Procurement Workspace and Contract workspace modules
- Hands-on experience in ARIBA, Fiedglass eForm and Statement of Work modules
- Ability to think outside the box and transformation mindset is appreciated & desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams to deliver results.
- Prior experience in managing/overseeing the workload of an off-shore team.
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Ability to assist, direct or resolve customer issues or concerns promptly