Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1918 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Technical Project Manager - Scrum Master (2-8 yrs)
- The successful applicant for the Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager role will be part of team involved in designing, developing, implementing, and operating solutions that scale to the demands of a global organization. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your technical and delivery skills as a core member of an established team.
- This position will be responsible for one Scrum Team, looking after the Regulatory Reporting Product, which is one of KART team 'crown jewels' product, providing global reporting platform for all legal and regulatory reporting initiatives.
- Joining the KYC, AML and Regulatory Reporting Technologies team, this role will be focused on driving the development of innovative solutions to satisfy the needs of our business - as an agile team we work closely with our business partners to understand what they require, and we strive to continuously improve as a team - we all have a role in accelerating our delivery of high quality reliable and resilient code, and that means taking control of our complete delivery pipeline.
- This is an opportunity to work in a diverse team within a diverse organization with fantastic scope for career progression, either technical or people focused.
- You will have a chance to work in a vibrant campus that has, over the last few years, brought together a range of highly skilled technical people covering every level of experience and a real variety of backgrounds. You will be able to help decide what technologies are used - we embrace innovation both in our day to day work and through events such as hackathons and internal tech conferences.
- Manages delivery of application services and solutions in support of key initiatives by working closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Solution Architects, and Engineers.
- Works with other Scrum Masters/TPMs to maintain delivery between planned sprints/iterations and dependent teams. - Serve as a subject matter expert for the team's work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties.
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments that hinder progress against sprints and Program Increments.
- Assigns resources to activities and monitors delivery metrics.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues, and changes tied to delivery. - Conducts routine Sprint/Agile ceremonies on a regular cadence.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Significant technical project management experience.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or other Technical discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality. Includes methods such as Lean, XP, Kanban, Scrum, Programmer Anarchy and scaling methods such as SAFe/Nexus.
- Experience managing project budgets, resource planning/management, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across technical, business, and third- party stakeholders.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, and advocating for simplification.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on project.
- Ability to view the end-to-end process and understand downstream, upstream.
- Effects of implementing change and plan appropriately to compensate and/or overcome this when necessary.
- Experience working in Compliance environment and managing complex regulatory initiatives
- Experience working in Financial Organization
- Minimum 2 years experience managing Big Data Projects / Initiatives
- Minimum 2 years experience managing remote teams as the scrum team is based in UK and the role is based out of Bangalore
- Good Understanding of Big Data Technologies - Hive, Spark, Python and Tableau Reporting
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with
Nice to Have:
- Relevant Certifications (e.g. PMI, Scrum Master (CSM), etc).
- Infrastructure experience (servers, virtual machines, containers, databases, and networking concepts). - Relevant collaboration and project
management tool experience (e.g. Slack, Confluence, Rally, etc.)
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.