Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:5449 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Team Leader - Compliance - Taxation - CA (3-4 yrs)
Job Description - This is a Band 30 role:
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people- s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- The powerful backing of American Express.
- Don't make a difference without it.
- Don't live life without it.
Roles and responsibilities :
Indirect Tax Compliance :
- Ensure key compliance for GST.
- Prepare and review GST returns.
- Liaise with market finance staff in obtaining information to satisfy information requests from Tax authorities in India.
- Review of tax accruals and provisions on a monthly basis.
- Review quarterly GST refund claims and Liaising with the tax department for processing of the refund claims.
- Preparing Dashboards and presentations for Senior Leadership
- Preparing various schedules for audit and active involvement in closure of service tax and Vat audit conducted by Statutory auditors or tax authorities
Tax advisory related services :
- Understanding impact in relation to changes in any other statute and/or regulations applicable to American Express and getting the same implemented.
- To provide tax advice with respect to any change, re-organization, restructuring of the entity or business including merger, amalgamation of the whole or any part of the business of the Customer
- Review agreements
- Evaluate tax implications of new products/ services developed, new processes to be migrated, all new initiatives by the businesses which have relevance from a tax perspective.
- Liaison with Tax authorities and handling the queries and issues raised by them
- Handling Indirect tax litigation including representation before tax authorities and filling appeals
- Candidate should hold a Chartered Accountant qualification and have thorough understanding of accounting and tax compliance principles.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of work experience in a finance consulting or in-house environment. Preferably big four.
- Corporate tax / Service tax / GST experience essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint will be advantageous.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage competing demands and execute assigned tasks quickly and accurately.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of working remotely within a larger MNE.
- A understanding and knowledge of American Express
- Project Management / Processes governance experience.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.