Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2362 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Service Delivery Leader - Financial Reporting (5-7 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
The position is responsible for validating Source Data from various AXP Systems to the Oracle General Ledger; ranging from ensuring financial integrity of data to produce various Regulatory Reports, Researching the variances, Audit / Internal controls, other compliances requiring engagement with multiple groups across the globe, including Regulatory Reporting, American Express Technologies (AET) and Strategy Enablement & Governance (SEG), IAG, as well as senior leadership within Controllership.
The position will play an integral role in supporting multiple organizational initiatives, with a primary focus on a Finance big bet project for American Express - Regulatory Reporting Delivery (RRD). The key objective of this project is to automate end to end processes, enhance the control environment, support business growth activities and implement new technologies.
Regulatory Assurance process :
- Lead validation of assigned portfolios comprising both on-balance sheet and off-balance sheet against the general ledger/externally reported results to ensure the financial integrity of data
- Lead & communicate research into variances between source data and externally reported results
- Assess end to end impact and lead change management for new products/projects/changes to portfolios being sourced from a validation perspective
- Responsible for core process framework control and compliance, audit/exam support
- Supporting/participating in Regulatory Reporting Delivery (RRD) project
- Leading the implementation of specific work stream through use of existing end-to-end processes, controls, and dashboards/metrics
- Partnering with AET, external consultants & SEG project managers to communicate/clarify development requirements, complete requisite documentation, lead the user testing and query resolution
- Adhering to project standards and governance models and applying consistent project delivery methodologies and standards.
This will be a People leader role & report directly to the Director - Financial Analysis & Assurance, External Reporting.
An offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 5-7 years of financial accounting/reporting experience including financial analysis.
- Regulatory reporting & Audit experience is mandatory.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance, CPA or CA preferred
- Strong knowledge of AXP business and AXP financial systems
- Strong process orientation and analytical problem-solving skills, demonstrated process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Results driven, self-starter, able to lead and influence without direct authority
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
- Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching and developing direct reports
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.