Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1921 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Service Delivery Leader - Balance Sheet Reconciliation Process (2-8 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Role : Delivery leader, AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Controllership, Global Finance. Lead AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliation Process, sustain enterprise-wide Balance Sheet health while remaining focused on efficiency and sustaining financial integrity for the company
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for leading Balance Sheet Reconciliation (Region/Product) - Preparation, Research & Clearance, Compliance, Governance and Analytics
- Lead with Innovation by effective use of contemporary technology & State of the Art Business Process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders - Account Owners, Regulators and Entity Controllers
- Lead and support new business & other entity related or process specific projects
- Continuously challenge the Status Quo and seek opportunity for redesign, process fix & technology issue fix
- Ideate and implement data-driven business insights
- Identify repeatable & automatable processes
- Ensure Financial Integrity at all times and proactively identifying risks
- Ensure timely closure of AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Academic Background :
- CA / CPA / MBA with 1-3 years of experience
- Post Graduate in Commerce with 4-5 years of experience
- Graduate with 6-8 years of experience
Past Experience :
- 2-6 years of past experience :
- People leader experience Preferred
- Knowledge of IRIS/Oracle/ERP & card business model & economics
- Driving Global Projects
- Automation Projects
- Front-end Amex system
Set The Agenda : Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You : Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way : Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
- Strong understanding of end-to-end AR/AP process flow, accounting & reconciliation
- Basic understanding of reporting
- Ability to connect accounting & reporting
- Awareness of financial consolidation process
- Understanding of operational, SOX & other related control framework compliance
- Ability to research & embed relevant best practices
- Project management
- Oracle GL & SL
- Front end system - Globe star, etc.
- Advanced MS Office
- FIS Intellimatch - Reconciliation system
- OBIEE, Essbase, HFR
- Robotics (Blue Prism)
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time
Job type : Permanent
Industry Type : Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.