Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3209 Applications:239 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Service Delivery Leader (8-15 yrs)
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The position is responsible for performing Controllership activities in support of US Legal Entities. The position will report to Director – Controller and will serve in supporting the controllership functions, business management, finance organizations, board and regulators related to the legal entity. The position will play an integral role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the financial statements, proactively eliminate controllable financial risk and exposure to the business, and regularly execute accurate and effective financial reports and controls. The position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives and providing accounting and reporting decision support as part of a world-class controllership organization apart from support in the annual external audit and Board meetings.
- Manage the month close, Preparation & Review of financial statements, trend analysis, variance analytics and commentary
- Ensuring and monitoring quality and change control over financial related processes including, regulatory reporting and compliance and intercompany transactions
- Ensure smooth annual PWC Audits as per US GAAP, Board meeting and A&F committee meetings
- Assisting Board of Directors/ Chairman on regular entity updates
- Support Business / LFOs with budget vs actual comparisons, forecast analysis etc.
- Identifying and executing critical quality initiatives to continuously improve financial processes and add value to the Company.
- People Leadership and Team Management
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- US GAAP expertize & past experience from Big 4 preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
- Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate to leadership, auditors and regulators.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to connect business drivers; understanding of R2R technology platform
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
- Exposure to working in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work in and handle complex ambiguous situations
- 8+ years of post-qualification experience in Audits, Finance, Accounting & Reporting
- CA/CPA or related qualification. IFRS knowledge is an added advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019, 12:37:21 AM
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.