Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1443 Applications:139 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Manager - Financial Analysis - CA/CPA (4-9 yrs)
Why American Express?
There is a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people- s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
- Statutory and Regulatory reporting for legal entities involving complex legal structure/ multiple lines of businesses and currencies.
- Independently prepare financial statements as per extensive IFRS statutory reporting requirements on a timely basis against plan.
- Independently prepare the Board reporting packs as per the delivery calendar
- Lead end to end legal entity audit as directed by Service Delivery Leader (SDL) / Director Legal Entity Reporting (LER), Accounting & Reporting Team and Financial Controller.
- Prepare local GAAP to US GAAP reconciliation, reviewing significant adjustments for GAAP differences.
- Lead customer calls and provide analysis of reporting information, as directed by SDL / Director LER, Accounting & Reporting Team and Legal Entity Financial Controller to support board of directors meetings.
- Manage delivery of multiple markets at a time and perform peer level review or consolidation
- Manage work and provide leadership and support to B28's
- Conduct research as required on GAAP, regulations and laws.
- Ensure effective controls and governance are adhered to.
- Research and interface with auditors/ customers to provide explanation/ resolution of issues and queries.
- COGNOS/HFM implementation for statutory, regulatory and board reporting.
- Lead projects involving automation, standardisation, etc. among others
- Report to Service Delivery Leader (SDL) LER Team.
- Local Statutory and Regulatory reporting requirements are met through accurate preparation of local reports. These include annual financial statements, Financial Accounting Book (FAB), regulatory reports to the local Regulatory Authorities, as applicable.
- Reporting all audits and reporting issues identified, escalated and tracked to conclusion, as directed by SDL LER, Director LER and Accounting & Reporting Team
- Adequate controls, documentation and audit trails are in place to comply with reporting requirements.
- Understand and implement changes in local market regulatory and statutory reporting requirements as directed by Legal Entity Financial Controller.
- Lead external audits and coordinate with GBS and other functions to provide external audit support; including GAR, Accounting and Payment Operations, plus World Services Cashiers as appropriate Deliverables
- Support the LER SDL / Director to achieve the local statutory and regulatory filing objectives.
- Deliver high quality and accurate financial reporting with adherence to critical deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with business partners and customers at similar levels on Statutory & Regulatory Reporting requirements.
- Contribute toward process improvements through ongoing review of processes / methods of data collection and report preparation to create efficiencies and eliminate non-value added work.
- Ability to respond to changes in reporting requirements as dictated Financial Controller to determine how to accommodate changes, providing analytical support to translate requirements into technology and resource impact.
- Qualified Accountant CA/CPA/ACCA.
- Minimum 4 years post qualification experience
- A strong financial accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of IFRS/ Indian GAAP and reporting requirements.
- Experience of people leadership and leading multiple deliverables/ projects in parallel.
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications, Working knowledge of Essbase/analytical software, Oracle and Cognos preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a large company matrix environment (if external candidate).
- Change and project management exposure, including transition of reporting work from onshore location
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly.
- Ability to share technical knowledge and proactively encourage others to do the same.
Job type - Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.