Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2342 Applications:195 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Manager - Financial Analysis (2-3 yrs)
Apply Get Referred
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This position will primarily support the External Reporting function, and would entail one or more of the following activities:
- Work on preparation of financial results and key performance metrics relating to AXP / Segment Balance Sheet analysis.
- Compiling information relating to balance composition and variance analysis on various report lines for a senior leadership review, including - FAB (Finance Analysis Book) compilation, Others Package reporting.
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis to support new business initiatives and enabling accurate reporting.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure the integrity of the information collected.
- Collaborate with multiple Finance partners across Controllership and Finance to source information and deliver on customer expectations.
- The incumbent will be expected to quickly gain a detailed understanding of the inputs, processes, controls, flows, metrics, risks, and outputs of the process area.
- The incumbent will be required to participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives.
- The incumbent would be required to consistently understand and exceed customer's requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times.
- The incumbent shall ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes handled by the team.
The offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The incumbent should either be Chartered Accountant / an MBA from a premier institute with 2-3 years of post qualification experience.
- Should have problem-solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with senior business partners/customers etc.
- Reporting and analysis experience will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of company policies, businesses, Finance processes, and systems is desirable.
- Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Should have strong results orientation, project management, collaboration, and coordination abilities.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.