Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3105 Applications:165 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Financial Analysis Manager - SOX Compliance Group (2-3 yrs)
Job Description :
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work 'Hall of Fame'.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The position is in the SOX Compliance Group of American Express. Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- End to end review of processes, with an objective to identify improvement opportunities in the SOX control structure in order to ensure effective and efficient Internal controls over Financial Reporting across AXP.
- Documenting the process understanding and risk assessment through detailed process maps, narratives and risk control matrix.
- The candidate would be required to work on effectively monitoring the changes to SOX controls, change management of SOX critical applications & SOX critical third party vendors.
- The candidate should have ability to communicate effectively and build & maintain relationships with Business Partners.
- The incumbent will be interacting at all levels in the organization to enforce control standards while maintaining strong customer relationships.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Strong accounting, assurance and advisory skills required. AXP process and policies knowledge a plus. Candidate should have strong analytical, communication, thought leadership, influencing/ collaboration skills.
Required Qualifications :
- CA or a Finance/Risk & Controls Professional with 2-3 years of post qualification experience.
- Experience in public accounting/ internal audit/ SOX compliance or related field required
- Position requires a strong control and compliance background and a good understanding of risks, controls and audit procedures
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act including SOX 302/404 and internal controls over financial reporting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to present control analysis and recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.