Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2533 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Financial Analysis Manager - Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership (5-10 yrs)
Why American Express?
- There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
- American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
- We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- This Financial Analyst II position in the Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership (C&FRC) organization will play a key role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the AXP financial statements and proactively mitigate controllable financial risk. As part of a world-class Controllership group, the C&FRC organization is responsible for managing end to end credit and fraud process from reserve adequacy assessment through to the external financial statements and regulatory reporting.
- This role will support the accounting and reporting for global credit reserves. Additionally, the role will require support to the Project Manager on implementation and stabilizing the credit reserving process under CECL.
Job Responsibilities :
- Preparation of credit reserve models, reserve adequacy and ensure credit provision entries are booked accurately and in a timely manner
- Support preparation of externally disclosed footnotes and regulatory filings for Worldwide AR, Loans and related reserves
- Assist in documentation and testing of PRSA SOX controls and support of internal and external audit requests
- Preparation of internal provision and reserve reporting and MIS for business partners
- Support ad-hoc projects and analyses and process improvements.
- Support project manager on CECL project, tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue coordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- CA/CFA/MBA with minimum 2 years of post qualification experience or Bachelors Degree in finance or accounting with minimum 5 years experience in Finance/Accounting domain.
- Strong process orientation and analytical problem solving skills, demonstrated process improvement.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
- Motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills, and ability to partner and collaborate effectively across a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of American Express financial systems including Oracle, Essbase and accounts receivable systems and balance sheet accounts.
- Experience in control activities under SOX 404 The incumbent should be tenured for a minimum of 18 months at Band 30 and minimum of 12 months at Band 28 in the current role as on the date of application deadline.
- The incumbent should not be on level 3 or above counseling at the time of applying. The incumbent should have a performance rating of G2L2 or better in the last review.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time
Job type : Permanent
Industry Type : Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.