Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3297 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Financial Analysis Manager - CPA/CA (2-4 yrs)
Senior Financial Analysis Manager
- The position is responsible for performing core controllership functions for American Express International Inc.(AEII) legal entities which in houses the International businesses; ranging from Accounting, Reporting, Business / Financial management, Audit / Internal controls, other compliances requiring engagement with multiple groups (like GR2R, A&R controllership, Segment controllership, GAPA, Taxation, Auditors, Treasury, Credco COE, IAG ).
- The position will report directly to Service Delivery Leader and will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives / complex accounting & reporting issues relating to new M&A deals, legal entity structural changes, AEII Consol Audit, New Accounting standards, Issuance of new financial instruments, MRAs remediation and able to articulate upstream and downstream impacts from legal entity perspective.
- Spearhead key initiatives to strengthen legal entity purity and enhance existing governance framework by identifying - out of the box- opportunities and add value to the company
- Coordinate with multiple teams for variance analysis and governance structure
- Drive results in complex specialized projects / transactions working with multiple parties under limited supervision, involving preparation and review of MFRs and other documentation, as required
- Active participation in core process framework - Financial & close governance, audit / exam support, board support, other enterprise wide exercises like resolution planning, LEG assessment
- Support in preparation and review of US-GAAP financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow), roll-forwards / schedules, statutory / regulatory filings like Y11
- Drive Balance Sheet governance exercise to ensure proactive clearances of unnatural, static, expired and unreconciled balances and other alarming items
- Identify improvement opportunities in existing processes (trending, variance analytics and commentary), legacy system set-ups.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Professional Accounting degree CPA/CA; 2-4 years of post qualification experience in Legal Entity Controllership, accounting, reporting, project management, US GAAP knowledge and Audit experience is a plus.
- First-attempt candidates, or candidates with proven excellent academic record shall be a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail, understanding of company business, segments
- Knowledge of Essbase, HFM is a plus.
- Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate with leadership, auditors, regulators.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
- Communication and organizational skills
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.