Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3009 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Senior Financial Analysis Manager (4-5 yrs)
Job Description :
American Express is a global services company and the world- s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India- s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work Hall of Fame.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The position is responsible for performing core controllership functions for US entities housing international business and functions involving Accounting, Reporting, Business/Financial management, Audit / Internal controls, other compliances, etc. requiring engagement with multiple groups (like GR2R, A&R controllership, Segment controllership, GAPA, Taxation, Auditors, Treasury, Credco COE, IAG etc.).
The position will report directly to SDL and will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives / complex accounting & reporting issues relating to new M&A deals, legal entity structural changes, financial statement audit, assess ASC refresh impacts on legal entity, impacts around issuance of new financial instruments, MRAs remediation etc. and able to articulate upstream and downstream impacts from legal entity perspective.
Job Responsibilities :
- Spearhead key initiatives to strengthen legal entity purity and enhance existing governance framework by identifying out of the box opportunities and add value to the company
- Coordinate with multiple teams for variance analysis and governance structure
- Drive results in complex specialized projects/transactions working with multiple parties under limited supervision, involving preparation and review of MFRs and other documentation, as required
- Active participation in core process framework Financial & close governance, audit/exam support, board support, other enterprise-wide exercises like resolution planning, LEG assessment, etc
- Support in preparation and review of US-GAAP financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow), roll-forwards / schedules, statutory/regulatory filings like Y11, etc.
- Drive Balance Sheet governance exercise to ensure proactive clearances of unnatural, static, expired and unreconciled balances and other alarming items
- Identify improvement opportunities in existing processes (trending, variance analytics, and commentary), legacy system set-ups, etc
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Professional Accounting degree CPA/CA with 4-5 years of experience in accounting, reporting, project management, etc. Required US GAAP knowledge and prior audit experience preferably from a Big 4 organizations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail, understanding of company business, segments, etc.
- Able to challenge the status quo & effectively communicate with leadership, auditors, regulators.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
- Communication and organizational skills
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.