Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2438 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Public Affairs & Communications Coordinator (4-8 yrs)
- Part of a global communications team, this role is responsible for supporting employee communications for the Global Services Group (GSG) in India and its ~7,500 colleagues. Reporting to the Manager of Public Affairs & Communications, the PA&C Coordinator works closely with colleagues in India to create and support the on-ground execution of employee communications and engagement programs.
- Managing communications programs and channels, determining effective platforms to advance business initiatives and partnering with department contacts in the market on communications issues and activities, are among key responsibilities. The communicator devotes 70 percent of his/her time to the planning and development of local and regional communications, and 30 percent of his/her time to executing and providing input on GSG network activities and strategies.
- Develop and manage impactful communications programs that help drive employee engagement and understanding of our organizational and business priorities in India.
- Manage content and production of market news blogs for all GSG colleagues in Gurgaon, setting the editorial agenda and leading content development.
- Write and distribute organization announcements and market-wide updates and provide effective design support for developing employee features.
- Manage the visual communications strategy in the center.
- Contribute to broader GSG communications efforts, including news and feature content for GSG's intranet site, as well as support local activation of global GSG wide projects.
- Serves as the communications expert for the planning of employee engagement events in the market liasioaning with market engagement leads.
- Determine how to promote Blue Box initiatives in the local region with a holistic communication strategy.
- Coordinate with and manage third party event partners to effectively support key employee events and forums, as appropriate
- 4-8 years of professional experience in public relations, internal communications, journalism or a closely related field. Ability to deal with high pressure environment and constant change
- Ability to think independently, quickly and apply good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility.
- Highly developed written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work directly with and influence senior leaders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently without day-to-day direction.
- Web/graphic design, video editing and photography a plus