TA Team at American Express
Views:4292 Applications:274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Process Manager - Procurement (5-10 yrs)
This is a Band 30 role:
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading-edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame- .
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to US Contract Hub Manager for Global Supply Management, this position is accountable for the cost-effective procurement of products and services while achieving or exceeding customer and business requirements.
- Drive value and competitive advantage to our business partners through world-class procurement services.
Identifies opportunities to add value to the business through interaction with the supply market. Creates and presents a compelling business case for change to the business leaders.
- Responsibilities include procurement activities for complex major commodities/services and other matters often with no precedent.
- Candidate should have strong procurement background in indirect strategic procurement.
- Drives results cross functionally, cross business units and across the Blue Box that have a major impact on American Express- revenue and profitability.
- Leads by example to motivate cross-functional team members and provides team guidance in supplier/market analysis, utilizing unique procurement practices/tools to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Ensures policy and contract compliance in all strategic sourcing projects.
- Partner and coach offshore buying centre in procurement activities, transactions and in managing customer requests and issues.
- Partner with cross geographical commodity teams and country teams in the planning, analyzing, sourcing and implementation process.
- Strong procurement skill is a MUST.
- Experience in financial services is a strong advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles such as procurement, business/contract law, licensing, finance and accounting typically obtained through a relevant Bachelor's degree, external certification programs or equivalents.
- Requires proven success and experience in procurement and related functions, typically obtained in 5+ years.
- Frequent contacts with internal/external customers and other company representatives at all levels of management including executive management to negotiate the most complex and sensitive business issues.
- By virtue of breadth and/or depth of responsibilities, is recognized as a key technical advisor throughout American Express business groups.
- Proven strong influencing skills.
- An innovative person with proven ability to consistently identify and deliver business expense reduction opportunities.
- Independent and a self-starter.
- Personal accountability for driving change.
- Ability to lead multi-functional & / or multi-country results.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in a highly-matrix environment.
- Commercial acumen and detailed-oriented.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.