Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1611 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Process Manager - Data Scientist (3-7 yrs)
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading-edge marketing, information management, and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for the 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame- .
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
- Generating business insights using data analytics and information visualization methods to answer business problems
- Developing business solutions to exploit Analytics in order to move towards data-driven innovation in alignment with business priorities and key targets
- Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience.
- Work closely with the functional processes for conceptualization and PoC development
- Evaluate external ideas, solutions, products, and technologies that could be used to expand Open Source capabilities
- Apply unique skills and interests to develop new opportunity domains. Deliver high quality and accurate results in a timely manner
- Performing a feasibility study to validate the functional specification and translate them into technical specification & solution.
- Analyze the existing environment and derive opportunities, recommend alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Maintain Control Compliance environment, Review Audit Requirements & Driving Compliance to ensure work is completed to meet the Blue Box Professional, Legal and Regulatory Standards
- Ensure compliance to standard American policies
- Support Internal/regulatory audits by providing the detailed documentation specified by the audit team for their area of work.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience in Data Science or Advanced Analytics
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science/engineering, math, statistics or any other computationally intense disciplines and possesses working experience in at least one of the following domains: Data & text mining, Machine learning & information visualization.
- An excellent problem solver with a research-oriented approach.
- Algorithms Geek and researcher in the field of data science with strong experience in statistical & analytics packages/tools (Python, Alteryx etc.)
- Expertise on Machine Learning/Information Retrieval/Artificial Intelligence/Text Mining problems.
- Experience in at least one scripting languages such as Perl/Python/Ruby. Ability to work with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in various visualization platforms like Tableau, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Candidate should open to learning new open source technologies and languages
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, collaborative environment. Must be able to work hands-on with minimal supervision or assistance.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.