Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3153 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Sales (8-9 yrs)
This is an acquisition role wherein the candidate will have to deliver on the Aggressive Sales targets by:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of our prospects/clients, building relationships for success, influencing prospect and client decisioning and execute strategic sales plans.
- Differentiate the American Express value proposition, develop in-depth understanding of the market/region and source, to independently build/manage an effective pipeline.
- Optimize the value of business proposition and maximize the return to meet aggressive sales growth targets.
- Own and deliver the outcome - prospect conversion and new billings generation, win-to-trade, new booked volume and carry over volume targets.
- Drive the sales approach internally with stakeholders as well as externally with customers and ensure that the necessary resources from all parts of the organisation are aligned appropriately with our opportunities.
- Manage leads and research into account, preparation of presentation materials, ensuring pricing is consistent with pricing strategy and the effective implementation of the account.
- Lead negotiation and help define contract terms and service level agreements with customers (contract management)
- Use American Express consultancy services in Corporate Card and Corporate Purchasing Card to deliver incremental value for our clients
- Conduct business reviews/implementation updates to ensure success and appropriate progress.
- Basic understanding of Financial propositions on client business, Ability to comprehend basic financial statements
- Understanding of General Regulatory terms and contracts and Technical Know-how on infrastructure pertaining to corporate payable systems
- Critical Challenges in the position: Delivering incremental billings to the franchise from a large market opportunity base as measured in Net Booked Volume terms
- Strong effective relationship building with key internal business partners and developing relationship with key contact areas - Ensuring targets and activities are achieved
- Independent day-to-day management of client issue resolution and operations linkages where appropriate.
- Key contacts within this position (Internal) will require interaction with peer group, team members, support group and at different levels of leadership
- Regular interaction within Corporate Services business including alternative sales channels, Customer Service & risk.
- The role will also be aligned closely with the following key linkages (External)
- External Frequent and ongoing contact with Senior Management, Controllers, Treasurers and Corporate Travel Managers of major Corporations to sell or expand the use of Corporate, Business Travel products, B2B Business.
- Build partnership and trust with the accounts in the portfolio.
- Boards of Directors, Heads of Finance, Heads of Purchasing, HR and Admin, Travel Associations, 3rd party travel agents, Internal Senior Management Corporate Services, Card Operations Senior Management Planning & Pricing, Local Sales teams. Marketing, Consultancy.
Problem Solving & Decision Making skills:
- Development of solutions to customer related problems, enabling High Value managed accounts to continue to performing in profitable way.
- Strategic decisions relating to investments and budgets for accounts.
- Develop strategic concepts with regard to the complex potentials of Card and account specific sales strategy, using the TAS sales acquisition methodology.
- Deciding which services and tools will be implemented for an opportunity, does it address the overall objectives, as set out in the sales plan.
- Negotiate pricing based on a thorough understanding of customer needs and Amex profitability drivers, within a pricing framework.
- Price add on services, based on commitments made and profitability of the account
- Management of pressure on the discount rate arising from management fee pricing between Corporate Clients, 3rd Party agents, and or Principals.
- Mobilize resources, (subject matter experts, from across all areas of Amex and joint ventures/other business partners to enable the sales and account management team to deliver on commitments This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Graduate/Management Degree or Diploma with understanding of General management principles, with at least 8-9 Years of Experience in Selling/Relationship Management of Corporate Houses
- Professional sales experience (Strategic selling and Negotiation skills) to sell to the most complex accounts with a potential Card billings volume typically in excess of $2M. Should have been rated a G2L2 at least (last 2 yrs)
1. Understanding of pricing and its impact on the relationship between corporations, travel agents and principals.
2. Ability to drive and/or facilitate change within the client's organization as well as within Amex.
3. Excellent oral fluency and written business communication skills.
4. Thorough understanding of all aspects of competitors business travel and corporate account activities.
5. Good general business knowledge and awareness of international business issues - strong awareness of the impact external factors (Political, Legal, Economic and Technological ) will have on client and American Express business
Job type - Permanent
Industry Type - Client Management & Sales
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.