Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:308 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Risk Management (7-11 yrs)
Job Description - You Lead the Way. We- ve Got Your Back.
- At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we are supporting our customers- financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what- s possible - and we- re proud to back each other every step of the way.
- When you join #Team AmEx, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Position provides a unique opportunity for an individual looking to build his/her knowledge in a core business at American Express (AXP): Global Business Services. This exciting role will be part of the Sales & Business Enablement team managing the Marketing Campaign Onboarding and Data Validation activities for American Express. Specifically, the position will be supporting Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS) with Merchant Marketing offers for US & International Marketing.
- The process aims at improving campaign accuracy and also enhance customer experience. The team also provides possible solutions and connect with all relevant teams to implement the process improvements. The person needs to have a sound business acumen, Digital Marketing and interpersonal skills. Person should be able to lead and support the various initiatives which would involve working with multiple business partners. Person should be highly detail-oriented and adept at problem solving. S/he must possess excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Marketing Campaigns are critical drivers of American Express strategy to acquire, engage and retain both Merchants as well as card members. This exciting role is within the GBS SABE team and supports the Enterprise Marketing Platform and Solutions (EMPS) teams to deliver timely and flawless Merchant campaigns globally.
- In this role, as a Service Delivery Leader, the individual will be responsible for partnering with various teams across EMPS and GMNS Marketing teams to transition and set up a high performing team responsible for Merchant data Validation & Offer Onboarding to help deliver seamless customer experience.
- The B35 leadership position will play a key role in driving efficiency, standardization, accuracy, risk reduction through automation in the campaign execution process and will lead a large team of campaign specialists.
- Process Efficiency: Identify process efficiencies leading to better marketer experience and improve speed to market and bring them to completion by driving the alignment and prioritization across various stakeholders
- Operational Controls: Improve the control environment by ensuring adherence to the self-audit requirements, coordinating the assessment activities and creating the awareness of the risks, processes etc., within the team.
- Maximize Relationships: Strong collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders within and outside of EMPS, engage with business partners to gather the requirements, assess the needs/impacts and create/maintain/enhance the documentation related to various projects
- People Management - Groom talent to achieve challenging performance goals and conduct meaningful career and development discussions to help them realize their true potential
- Partner with EMPS to transition the Merchant data validation process, lead end-to-end process implementation, stabilization and reporting
- Provide thought leadership on streamlining the process to drive efficiency
- Ability to understand Merchant data and its validation process and identify opportunities to improve the process with more sophisticated matching capabilities
- Partner with key stakeholders on data-driven initiatives and services with a focus on leveraging our data as a strategic asset
Critical Factors to Success:
- Excellent project management, collaborating & negotiation skills.
- Problem solving (information seeking, analytically thinking and being proactive). Knowledge of advanced excel, VBA is a must.
- Ability to report on process control metrics, which enable defect free campaign execution
- Lead and inspire the team with clear goals and drive high performance
- Ability to tailor communications so that they are appealing and understandable
- Support monthly/annual campaign and usage reporting including but not limited to campaign volume, campaign cycle-time, % campaign measured, etc. Knowledge of Python and SAS is desirable.
- Periodic reporting on individual and team performance including but not limited to # of campaigns executed, # of analyses executed, cycle time, strength of segmentation used, etc
- Team development evaluation assessing proficiency on tools utilized for Amex campaigns: eg. SMART Select, SMART, RAMP data analysis
- Comfortable with emerging technologies
- Displays cultural sensitivity; builds cross - cultural relationships and works effectively in a global environment
- 7 - 11 years of experience in in Marketing Campaign Management, Analytics & Execution
- Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, economics, engineering or equivalent.
- Should have demonstrated people leading qualities in previous roles and must have strong business acumen and hands on capability experience
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Business & Domain Knowledge - Finance: Banking & Credit Cards
- Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on clear understanding of business needs to streamline the process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to translate/explain complex data concepts for different audience- -
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.